Friends and Family payment showing as a sale.

StoneAgeSwag
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps someone can assist me with this.  I received an amount from a friend as a gift.  It was sent friends and family.  I regularly make sales and they are all recorded as such in my records on PayPal.  I noticed that amount gifted to me was lumped in to the overall sales total.  Is that going to be reconciled properly at the end of the year?  Will it count toward my 1099 threshold?  I want to keep those kinds of transfers separate from my actual sales.  Im not trying to avoid anything or manipulate.  I would however like to know exactly how things work as im new to the PayPal thing.  Thanks to anyone that can help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey StoneAgeSwag,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble regarding a payment. The only way to resolve this issue would be to refund the payment to your friend and have them send it again, ensuring it's sent in the correct format. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but hopefully the issue is reconciled soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.