FIXING ACCESS TO YOUR 2021 TAX DOCUMENTS

FuriousFotog
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a lot of issues accessing my 2021 1099K on Paypal and after communicating with them for a day earlier in the week the issue is still happening. What they aren't communicating to people is THERE IS AN ERROR DISPLAYING 2020 TAX FORMS WHEN TRYING TO GET 2021 forms. 
HOWEVER, I am here to offer a potential fix for those of you still encountering this issue. 

1. The link on your activity page may be pointing to the OLD PAGE. If you are being shown the following link after going to Activity > Tax Documents, it's the WRONG ONE and will only show up to 2020. (WRONG LINK ON PAGE: https://business.paypal.com/merchantdata/reportHome?reportType=TAXDOCUMENT). You'll know it's wrong because the text saying Tax Documents is orange.

2. The CORRECT LINK the page should point to is : https://www.paypal.com/reports/tax_documents 
The text on the top saying Tax Documents should be black, and your 2021 form should be there in the larger format drop down menu. 

NOTE: This link has worked in some cases but in others has returned a NULL ERROR and 2020 is shown twice in the list. 
EDITED TO ADD: If the drop down menu lists 2020 TWICE, selecting the top 2020 option anyway will let you download the 2021 1099-K form...

In short, PayPal needs to sort out this mess with their coding and webpage. 

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

CirillaMaza
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received a message from paypal saying that I would not get a 1099K for 2021 because I didn't meet the income amount + number of payments threshhold. This is not true, I literally sat down and counted my transactions to make sure. I had well over 200. The message was a "do not reply to this message" type deal, so no help there. I finally did my taxes using my year-end summary. Hopefully that won't become a problem.

Login to Me Too

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

You can download an all transactions or balance effecting csv report and create a pivot table in Excel.

Pivot tables are easy. I also use the full year summary.

This is how it would look for all transactions:

pp-pivot-table.JPG

Login to Me Too

KingfishStevens
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you to all who have replied.  I know how to download reports and etc but I am only interested in receiving a copy of the 1099 form that PayPal is sending to the IRS.  If someone finds that PayPal has made this form available please let me know, otherwise I'm good.

Login to Me Too

KingfishStevens
Contributor
Contributor

This afternoon I received this from PayPal.  I'm glad they are working on it but not happy it's happening at such a late date.

Hi my name is Oliver, I will be assisting you. I see we are having troubles finding our 1099 form for 2021. You aren't the only one having this problem. I went ahead and added your account to the list of accounts. Whenever our techs resolve your issue they will send you an email to let you know the problem has been resolved.
Thank you for taking our call today. I hope your issue has been resolved satisfactorily.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again by clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page.
Login to Me Too

shirleyann004
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I called PayPal and they send there was a technical problem. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO FIX IT ?!!!!

Login to Me Too

KingfishStevens
Contributor
Contributor

It doesn't look like they are going to!  NO excuse for this!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.