FIXING ACCESS TO YOUR 2021 TAX DOCUMENTS

FuriousFotog
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a lot of issues accessing my 2021 1099K on Paypal and after communicating with them for a day earlier in the week the issue is still happening. What they aren't communicating to people is THERE IS AN ERROR DISPLAYING 2020 TAX FORMS WHEN TRYING TO GET 2021 forms. 
HOWEVER, I am here to offer a potential fix for those of you still encountering this issue. 

1. The link on your activity page may be pointing to the OLD PAGE. If you are being shown the following link after going to Activity > Tax Documents, it's the WRONG ONE and will only show up to 2020. (WRONG LINK ON PAGE: https://business.paypal.com/merchantdata/reportHome?reportType=TAXDOCUMENT). You'll know it's wrong because the text saying Tax Documents is orange.

2. The CORRECT LINK the page should point to is : https://www.paypal.com/reports/tax_documents 
The text on the top saying Tax Documents should be black, and your 2021 form should be there in the larger format drop down menu. 

NOTE: This link has worked in some cases but in others has returned a NULL ERROR and 2020 is shown twice in the list. 
EDITED TO ADD: If the drop down menu lists 2020 TWICE, selecting the top 2020 option anyway will let you download the 2021 1099-K form...

In short, PayPal needs to sort out this mess with their coding and webpage. 

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

dnevue
Contributor
Contributor

Just something to add to complete this "fix."

I tried your suggestion, changing the URL and it worked, bringing up the correct page. 

But, as you stated, the drop down then lists 2020 TWICE. Howver, if you select the top 2020 option anyway and download that 1099-K form... it is the 2021 form. 

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

FuriousFotog
Contributor
Contributor

Oh good news then!

Login to Me Too

RockinALeather
New Community Member

thank you. i found this after calling paypal (who doesnt have a resolution of course). your link does work when clicking the top 2020

Login to Me Too

FuriousFotog
Contributor
Contributor

You're welcome

Login to Me Too

DMT
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Link on PayPal Activity page only shows 2020 1099-K and prior years, no 2021. Thanks so much for the corrected link - works great and I found the 2021 1099-K. Definitely an issue on PayPal's end. 

Login to Me Too

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

I did stumble upon the 2020 twice and noticed it was really 2021.

Login to Me Too

ginger1024
New Community Member

This worked. Thank you! PayPal really needs to fix the issue.

I contacted them through the support channel and they just said it should already be available and then ended the chat without giving me time to respond. I came on the chat because it was not there. 

Login to Me Too

tonjastreasures
Contributor
Contributor

It's pretty sad when we have to reply on a PP customer to find a solution to the missing 1099 form.  TY SOOOOO MUCH for this. I finally found my 2021 form. HUGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF PayPal??!! This lack of customer service is mind blowing.

Login to Me Too

Blindeternities
Contributor
Contributor

This did not work for me. It takes me to my tax document page and nothing is available. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.