Ebay Fees and Tax related to PayPal charges

wildtiki
New Community Member

Am I correct in noticing that now that EBay is charging sales tax that is included in the fees (2.9% +.30) coming out of incoming funds?   So should I be including the sales tax in my Listing to adjust for the extra fees?  Any help would be nice. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi wildtiki, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

PayPal have always applied fees to Goods/Services transactions received by a seller. We would advise customers to add this percentage fee onto their listing. eBay will charge fees for using their sales facility and these are taken from a customer's PayPal account on a monthly basis (dependant on how often you sell you may not have to pay a fee to eBay every month). I am not aware of any other fees that eBay may charge and I would recommend reaching out to eBay directly to verify this. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

parksfamilyx4
Contributor
Contributor

I just spoke to customer service and they have gotten lots of complaints about this, and hopefully something will get changed...eventually. I am having the same problem... .02 here, .05 there, does begin to add up eventually! It was explained to me that no matter what they charge the fee on what they receive from eBay, be it shipping, tax or whatsoever. He agreed with me it's wrong, but for now...

Login to Me Too

sinistre-x
New Community Member

This is not right at all! You are charging us 2.9% on the entire amount including the tax!! Plus $0.30....so why should the seller absorb the cost of fee on the tax? We do not keep that money?

What is going to be done about this? I think it is time to bring this to everybody's attention on social media and all forums because if you think about it PayPal, you are collecting a huge amount of money (fees) on the sales tax. Does not make good business sense. There are many other options these days to collect payment so you might want to rethink this! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.