EIN not recognized

ptsatreasurer
Contributor
Contributor

Have a notification on dashboard that says "The Tax ID Number you provided wasn't recognized by the tax authority. Please provide the correct Tax ID Number to meet the new IRS requirement and avoid disruption to your account."

When I re-enter the number, I get the same message. Any suggestions? Can't figure out how to message PayPal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ptsatreasurer

Thank you for the post and welcome to our community forum!

Sorry to hear that the Tax ID Number you provided wasn't recognized by the tax authority. You can refer to our Tax Identification (TIN) Number verification article for more details. And also, you can contact us by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page for additional assistance.

I hope this helps

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ptsatreasurer

Thank you for the post and welcome to our community forum!

Sorry to hear that the Tax ID Number you provided wasn't recognized by the tax authority. You can refer to our Tax Identification (TIN) Number verification article for more details. And also, you can contact us by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page for additional assistance.

I hope this helps

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.