Downloading transaction history, date setting

willems1
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

I need to download transactions, but the date in the CSV export is not always the same. First I got a "12/10/2017","21:51:38" date structure and now all of a sudden  i get "7-4-2018","19:12:01". 

Is there a setting where i can choose the format for the dates? I need to import this file in another software and they have no way of choosing importformat, so now the import failes because the date in the export is different as before.

thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

amadeann
Contributor
Contributor

I also see the date and month values were switched up this week. Why?

Second of all, showing dates in MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY is always confusing. The safest format is YYYY-MM-DD, and this is what should be used in the reports.

Login to Me Too

DeaconDanylo
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  Reformatting the date in the output file does not seem to resolve the issue.  It seems that for dates falling in the first 12 days in a month, the length of the date string is 5 characters long, and for those between the 13th and end of the month the string is 10 characters long.  I cannot figure out how to convert the 5 character string to a useable date.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.