Downloading old transactions

NDDentalBd
New Community Member

Our PayPal account was updated in October and now I can't find the old transactions to print out for a biennial audit. How can I access those? I need July 1, 2015-June 30, 2017. I've tried searching for transactions and the classic view. Neither one brought up anything. Help!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Jae

Hi @NDDentalBd,

I'm sorry you are having a tough time locating your older transactions. Here is an updated step by step guide on how to download your PayPal transaction history.

I hope this helps!

Jae

Login to Me Too

fivespeedv8
Contributor
Contributor

These instructions do not work - I do not have the options/dropdowns at the top of my Activity window as described (no "detailed" to click on, no "statements"s to click on etc)

Login to Me Too

CherEssentia1s
New Community Member

I am having this same problem.  Nowhere on the Activity page is there a Detailed option.  Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 3.20.56 PM.png

Login to Me Too

CherEssentia1s
New Community Member

Just found this in another thread.  It is a bit of a hack, but it worked for me.

Anonymous_User:

Re: How to Find Transaction Details Older Than 3 Years

Here's something I've found that may be the work around:

Assuming you have a Personal Account, login to your account, once there, paste the following URL in your browser's address bar:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-download

This should bring up a different screen (actually, this looks like it's from the old interface) and it appears to be able to go back more than 3 years.  You can also select the fields you want - give it a try and see if you can get the info you need.

Note, if you have a Business Account, under the menu for "More", there's a Site Map - look for Transactions, Download Transactions - this will go to the same link as provided above.

Login to Me Too

FWF_Owner
New Community Member

The hack above doesn't work for business account. 

The https://business.paypal.com/merchantdata/reportHome Activity download tab indicates "You can create and download a detailed report of all your transaction activity for any time period in the past 7 years." but I've tried a number of times to request details for a specific period (early 2014) that I know contain Payments received but the PDF or CSV report is coming back with no transactions at all. 

My challenge is I have all the email confirmations of payments received but I'm trying to find a specific payment made where I know the exact date but not the payment details, specifically as it relates to a foreign exchange transaction. Our account is CAD and the payment was made in USD. 

Login to Me Too

netguru

This seems to work for now until it is broken again!

Login to Me Too

netguru

That does not work as there is no "Detailed" on the activity page!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.