Discrepancy in Statements

gciriani
Contributor
Contributor

I believe there is a bug in the way PayPal builds statements. When I go to my account and select activity, then statements, I'm presented with the choices Custom, Standard and tax Doc. The numbers in the Standard do not add up, because the beginning balance and end balance refer to beginning and end of the month, while the transactions go from a different day in the month to the same day in the next month. Therefore if there were transactions between the first of the month and the date of the Standard statement, obviously the reconciliation does not match.

I called a representative and he suggested to use the Custom report, picking the dates at the beginning and the end of the month. However, this type or report is just a list of transaction, and doesn't have beginning and end balances. Thus it is useless for reconciliation purposes. Right now I'm forced to print both the Custom and the Standard document. Has anybody had this problem? ANd why isn't Paypal fixing it?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.