Customer service closed

JRHartley
Contributor
Contributor

I under stand the necessity to run a limited service during these trying times but I have a problem. I have been informed through customer service text chat that to register a new bank account with my pay pal account I must answer some security questions and this can only be done by phone. First I was given direction to a page that no longer has a phone number on it. When I pointed out this and asked for the customer service number in the chat the number I was given led to a automated responce informing me that the customer desk is closed. When I asked to be called by PayPal I was informed the this was impossible that I must call them. 
if I cannot use the website cannot call you and cannot be called what am supposed to do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

slbalka
New Community Member

They're being insanely irresponsible. I'm having a similar problem while dealing with fraud on my account. Wish I had a solution but commenting to follow the thread. 

Login to Me Too

JGriffin107
New Community Member

I wish it were better for me!!!! NOPE.  I have the exact same thing right now and it get's worse.... They closed their phone customer service department.  Yea, try calling them.  You wait for 20 minutes, being told that you have an hour wait... then "Due to increased risk of Covid-19 our customer service department is closed"

REALLY?!!!!! Let your employees work from home you nut jobs!!!! Let them answer calls/messages remotely!!!!

This is getting out of hand.

Login to Me Too

Gonesy1
Contributor
Contributor

JGriffin107

I have a similar problem, I have purchased an item on eBay from a seller in Spain and ,therefore, have had to pay in Euro's.

PayPal are going to rip me off by almost £20 on the transaction, due to their miscalculation of the exchange rate.  Even if you go to their own currency converter it shows them to be way off.

I too tried to contact Customer Services to discuss the problem only to be told that  "Due to increased risk of Covid-19 our customer service department is closed" which I find absolutely disgraceful!  The Customer Services on...Barclays Bank Open, Virgin Holidays Open, Mercury Holidays Open, Halifax Bank Open, even eBay Open, I could go on....PayPal, which is for want of a better word a Bank CLOSED. I understand too the times we are in but they could at least run a skeleton staff to answer calls, or offer call backs, to deal with issues, even the online Messaging Service is not responding.

So it looks like I am going to be over charged by almost £20 on a transaction and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it

Only shame is that 99% of transactions completed on eBay are through PayPal, so I'm stuck with having to put up with whatever. 

I see that PayPal are completed slated on Trustpilot...I wonder why

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.