Hi
I am from Indonesia
I have never been in the US
And I do dropshipping in ebay.com from amazon
and got this from paypal
Confirm your U.S. taxpayer status

What should I answer

just say Non us and enter my address ?

Why do I need to confirm my U.S. tax payer status?

PayPal is required by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to report information about account holders who receive payments for goods and services in excess of certain transaction and payment volume thresholds. This information must be provided for U.S. PayPal accounts and may also be required for account holders outside of the United States (if the holder of a non-U.S. account is a U.S. person).

In order to satisfy these reporting obligations (including filing Forms 1099-K when necessary), PayPal must collect information from our customers (like their TIN and name).

Non-U.S. person/entity
Customers who exceed the reporting thresholds ($20,000 USD and 200 transactions) set by the IRS will be asked to confirm their U.S. taxpayer status. If you are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. entity, you’ll be asked to certify that you’re not subject to U.S. income tax in our online form.

When you need to confirm your U.S. taxpayer status, we’ll let you know by email and by notifications that you’ll see when you log in to your PayPal account. Click the link provided in the email or in the notification and enter the requested information.

If the account owner becomes a U.S. person or entity, or becomes subject to U.S. income tax, the account owner will notify PayPal within 30 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

moh1366
Contributor
Contributor

so what 

international ebay.com dorpshippers 

that don't have a us company and don't use bank account in the us 

what should they do about tax?

Login to Me Too

hgokoglu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @sharpiemarker 
Thank you for sharing this article, I already read it but; in the information below, how can I reach the online form to commit I am not a US citizen?
Thank you. 

Non-U.S. person/entity
Customers who exceed the reporting thresholds ($20,000 USD and 200 transactions) set by the IRS will be asked to confirm their U.S. taxpayer status. If you are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. entity, you’ll be asked to certify that you’re not subject to U.S. income tax in our online form.

Login to Me Too

REDPLUMMINTERNA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

I also have this problem, i am trying to do the online form, but it will not let me submit at the botttom, it is greyed out, and i cannot call paypal, as they do not take calls due to covid 19.

I am not a US citizen, my business is not in the US etc.
So i selected No , and then filled in all the info but i cannot submit, i cannot phone, and their messaging centre i cannot leave a message for them to help me.

I would really appreciate some help from paypal please to get this sorted, i run a business and i do not want my account to be limited.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.