Charge to Credit Card Not reflected in Transaction History

SamGE03
Contributor
Contributor

I have a charge on my credit card for $267.51 that I cannot find anywhere in my paypal account. Its stated in my transaction history on my credit card and Im 100% sure that its from paypal, but it doesnt reflect ANYWHERE in my papal transaction history. I need to speak to an agent but thats clearly not possible. Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @SamGE03,

Thank you for your post! I'm happy to help.

Is the transaction one you recognize and recall making, or is it an unauthorized transaction?

If the transaction is one that you made as a guest, where you entered the card number during checkout rather than logging in to your PayPal account, the transaction would not be in your PayPal account's transaction history. The benefits of logging in to your PayPal account are that the transaction is part of your history, your card information is better protected, and you would have purchase protection. 

If the transaction is not one that you made, it sounds like someone may have used your card information without your authorization. You can contact PayPal customer service by phone to give your card number and report the activity, so a representative can investigate and prevent further use of the card through PayPal. You would also want to contact the card issuing bank to cancel the card to prevent any use of the card through any other financial services.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

SamGE03
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @PayPal_Olivia

Im sure that I made that purchase, but I did make it for my business and I need a receipt in order to claim it on my taxes. I have a reference number on my bank account transaction I believe. Is there any way I can somehow get a receipt?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @SamGE03,

I'm glad to hear that it was an authorized purchase!

A guest payment would have generated an email receipt to the email address entered at the time of payment. Please check your inbox and spam/junk folders for a receipt that would have been received sometime before that transaction shows as having happened in your bank. 

If you can't find the email, a customer service representative can locate the transaction and resend the receipt email. The best and safest way to communicate with support for such a query would be phone, so you don't put your card number in text somewhere that's not secure for that kind of information. To get the number to call, click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and click Call us. You can either log in or call as a guest, but you'll want to make it clear to the representative that the transaction in question was done as a guest, not through your account.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.