Can't find current balance or old transactions (2018) in new interface

JohnDK44
New Community Member

I admit that I haven't logged in to PayPal for a while, so I'm new to using the current interface. I'm finding it frustrating to navigate, so this message is partly a rant. I spent over an hour yesterday clicking on every link trying to get the information I need. I still don't have it. But I do have questions.

1) Why isn't the current balance obvious on the Dashboard? I finally found it by going to the gear icon, then Statements and Taxes, then Statements, and then I had to create a statement. This is NOT user friendly.

2) The process for finding statements (noted above) is very clumsy. Current account information should be more readily available, like through a button on the Dashboard.

3) It's also not intuitive to look for older reports (more than 3 years) under Activity Download, which says it goes back 7 years. And when I tried to recover transaction data from May 2018, the report came back blank. Where is my old data??

4) Why did they eliminate the running balance on the reports? It was very useful in reconciling differences between the online data and my Quicken records.  Right now the online balances in both my own PP account and my wife's separate one (which is more active) disagree with our Quicken records and I have not been able to find the problem, in part because I cannot see my older data.

Thanks for allowing me to vent. If anyone can explain/answer my questions I'll be most grateful.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.