Can NOT download statements

NelloLucchesi
Contributor
Contributor

When I log into my PayPal account, I see a list of statements from September back to March of 2022. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 8.45.06 PM.png

I can download statements from September through July just fine.  But when I try to download any statement older than July, I get this error message:

Something went wrong

We couldn’t download your statement

Try again

Here is a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 8.31.16 PM.png

Why can’t I download statements older than July?

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Temp20221025e
Contributor
Contributor

Same error trying to download the latest statement.  Help Paypal! 😲

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Temp20221025e and @NelloLucchesi

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some road-blocks downloading your statements. Have you tried downloading your statements through a desktop / laptop instead of on a mobile device? Also, I dug up the following Help Center article you may find useful if you need to go further back: How do I view and download statements and reports?

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

NelloLucchesi
Contributor
Contributor

To answer your question, yes the screenshots I posted are from a desktop browser, not a mobile device.  (Was there really any doubt?  Or are you just following a script?)

I posted screenshots showing credit card statements listed and available for downloading but some of the links to them do NOT work.

You sent me to this page that displays PayPal activity:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-view-and-download-statements-and-reports-help14...

Are you kidding me!?!

What does looking at PayPal activity have to do with downloading credit card statements?

Yes, PayPal offers a credit card called PayPal Cashback Mastercard 

You can read about it here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/digital-wallet/manage-money/paypal-cashback-mastercard

PayPal did a huge system change earlier this month:
https://www.americanbanker.com/payments/news/paypal-made-a-big-upgrade-to-its-u-s-tech-did-anybody-n...

Prior to the update, statements were available only for accounts that opted into online paperless statements.  After the upgrade, lo and behold there are some statements even for accounts like mine that have paper statements.  But none of the links to statements for June 2022 and before work.

WHY NOT?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @NelloLucchesi, thanks for clarifying the statements you're trying to download are from your PayPal Cashback Mastercard. I would recommend reaching out to the Customer Service number on the back of your card for assistance. They will be better equipped to guide you through downloading your card statements.

My apologies for any inconvenience this caused, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

dubribus
Contributor
Contributor

I opened my PayPal Cashback World Mastercard in August.
The statements/2022-09-14 was downloadable for me (kept working fine between Sept 18th and Oct 21st).
The statements/2022-10-14 resulted in "Something went wrong" page (tried 5 browsers on Oct 21st, at same time the September link kept working fine).
The statements/2022-11-14 resulted in "Something went wrong" page, and as of today (Nov 18th) the September link stopped working too - so none of 3 statements work anymore :

Called support line (it connects to synchrony bank - NOT to paypal/portal team) and they said they'll leave a note to portal devs... But given it impacts everyone for at least 5 weeks with no resolution/rollback of their backend - unlikely for PayPal&SynchronyBank to fix it till 2023...

Login to Me Too

CHS32

So, here we are three months later.   This download of the PDF statement fails nearly every time.  I have been trying to download 5 months of PDF statements for the past week.  So far, I've gotten 2 to actually download and not give the same error as above.

This is on top of no longer being able to download QBO files anymore.   

I have applied for and received a competitor card with a 2% cash back.  It has now become my primary and my Paypal card is being put in the drawer until these issue are resolved.

CHS32

Login to Me Too

CHS32

But, the issue does seem to be with the age of the statement.  I can still download the most recent two months, but only the most recent two months.

Login to Me Too

dubribus
Contributor
Contributor

for me it fails for EVERY month/statement I try, and it fails EVERY time I try to download (despite more than 20 attempts for each and many browsers), in other words the problem is CONSTANT for me and NOT intermittent 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.