Bogus shipping info from vendor to PayPal stops any customer recourse

Scott1952
New Community Member

I am wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing.  I used PayPal to purchase two items that were considerably cheaper than the same items on-line or in stores.  It seemed bogus, but since I thoght that PayPay had my back should the item never materialized.  Well I did not receive the items.  But when I sought help from PayPal indicating that I never received the items, they showed me UPS tracking information (I never received this directly from vendor) that indicated that the items were delivered.  When I used the supplied tracking information with call to UPS they told me that the tracking information numbers were indeed delivered to two separate customers at two different addresses in my zip code.  Futher, these clearly were not my items as the shipping info indicated that they weighted about a fourth of what the items I ordered would have weighed.  So PayPal is being played and I am now stuck with the loss.  Has anyone else run into this?  I am guessing if one vendor has found the formula to scam PayPal and its customers that others must have too. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Thope1984
New Community Member
Yes same just happened to me. Vendor provided a tracking number which has also been used for many others so once it finally hit the USA I had to put in my zip code to identify which one was actually mine. This has been going on since March 12,2020. Now I have finally received the “package” it’s a plastic finger toy. I ordered a shed and dog run totaling $188.99. Now I can get through to PayPal or the seller who apparently no longer even exist. I hope I get my money back but at this point it’s not looking good. I’m fuming mad!
Login to Me Too

Herdfan2334
New Community Member
Yes, the mailed something to my city(not even my zip code) and PayPal considers it proof even though I forwarded an email from ups stating it wasn’t delivered to me. PayPal is being just plain lazy.
Login to Me Too

ThomasDee

Same thing here. Online purchase, price was good (too good, should have known). AFTER I opened a case with Paypal, I magically got a tracking number for USPS, which said the package was delivered, in my zip code. I followed up with USPS, and they confirmed, in an email and by phone, that the tracking number in question was indeed delivered to somebody in my zip code, but not to my address. This evidence was not enough for PayPal, they have denied my claim for refund, as well as my appeal, where I presented the Email from USPS stating the package was not SENT TO ME. How can Paypal do this? I'm considering sending a letter to our state Attorney General, as it seems I will get no help from Paypal. It almost seems that Paypal is doing this to allow them to keep the fee they get from the fraudulent transactions. I've been a Paypal member for YEARS, but I guess it's time to move on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.