Big problem now that PP is sending 1099-K

RobD3
Contributor
Contributor

When I first opened a PP account however long ago, I had used my mothers name and info, because I never had a credit card, she did, and I needed to order something that only took PayPal at the time.  Over the years it was used sparingly until about 3 years ago, when I had finally gotten a 'smart phone' and discovered the wonderful world of money-making apps.  Nothing big, $5 here, $10 there.  So I opened a checking account and linked that PP account to my new checking account.  Again, no problem, make a few bucks, transfer it over to my checking account.  A little while later, I decided that my 20 year old email address that is a drug reference, isn't exactly professional, so I used another email address that I had and opened another PP account, with all of my information.  Any money coming into the new account, I just transferred it to the old account, and then into my checking account.  This worked for a while, until recently.  The problem starts this year, with the 1099-K.  I received the form in the mail, numbers are correct, except it is all in my mother's name and there is even a taxpayer ID number that I have never seen before.  I have no idea how to even begin to correct this and I'm hoping somebody here can help me figure out where to start.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.