All Prior Year Tax Forms (2021 1099-K and earlier) Are Missing

FuriousFotog
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, it's that time of year again!

In looking today for my tax forms (https://www.paypal.com/reports/tax_documents), it seems that even though the 2022 1099-K is not yet available, all prior year tax forms (2021 and earlier) are not present anymore either (the page just says “you have no YYYY tax documents" no matter which year is selected). They were definitely there before 1/11/23. I have tested on Chrome, FireFox, Safari, and multiple other mobile browsers to no avail.

After speaking with customer service on the phone on 1/11/23, it appears that they are aware of the issues after an update today and have an open ticket, to which I added my account.

UPDATE 1/12/23: PayPal has escalated this issue/ticket. Hopefully we will see some resolution soon.

For those with prior year tax documents, can anyone access those at the moment, or are you also experiencing issues?

Thanks!

- - - - 

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 6.43.57 PM.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

FuriousFotog
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE 1/16/23: This error persists. All prior year tax forms are still missing.

WORKAROUND FOR REPORTING: If any values are needed from prior forms (and if this error continues - like last year - for current (2022) 1099-Ks), you can use an annual statement report for Jan 1-Dec 31 to get and/or verify your total payments received for the year and use that for reporting income. This would be the figure that appears in box 1a on the 1099-K. Similarly, you can use the total payments from your monthly statements and sum them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.