Account running balance no longer shown.

Bongsman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I used to be able to access my transactions with a running balance being shown.

Is this feature no longer available?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

SallyHat
New Community Member

I really need this too.  If anyone knows a way of doing this now that 'detailed activity' seems to have disappeared!

Login to Me Too

Bongsman
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to be working okay now. In the ACTIVITY tab select DETAILED and Hey Presto!

I'm sure I tried before without success so don't know what was causing the problem.

Login to Me Too

clubhistorian
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not seeing any option under the "Activity" tab that says detailed.  Are you speaking of clicking on the word "Activity" on the top banner?  (Paypal Home Page; Summary; Activity; Wallet; Help; Community.

When I press "activity", it grinds away for a while, then just shows the activity and the amount - no running balance.

Login to Me Too

frustratedmuch
Contributor
Contributor

Are you still able to get yours to work? Paypal seem to have now taken this feature away. 

Login to Me Too

clubhistorian
Contributor
Contributor

No, I'm not seeing a running balance and am just assuming it's gone for good.  Any suggestions from others on the thread don't seem to work for me.  I know there are various subscription levels, and since I have a basic one, I'm assuming the suggestors have a different kind of subscription.

Login to Me Too

meliciousm
Contributor
Contributor

I just spoke with customer service. It was like pulling teeth but I finally got the rep to admit that PayPal no longer provides a running balance on any reports. 

Login to Me Too

SteveEeee
Contributor
Contributor
Except that there IS a way. Either i posted it in another thread or they don't want people to know about it and deleted my response. I'll post it later if i can find it when i get home.
Login to Me Too

frustratedmuch
Contributor
Contributor

Pulling teeth?! Tell me about it!  Two different operators told me two different things! I was told that the only way around it now is to open a free business account despite the fact I am not a business. When I rang back to ask if I could keep my address anonymous I was then told that I should only open a business account if I have a registered business. The operator also failed to understand why a personal customer would even want a running total, told me they don't have a complaints process and when I asked to speak to their supervisor they hung up on me after a 5 minute wait!  I'm absolutely furious and considering switching to an alternative company.

Login to Me Too

hillyvanilly
Contributor
Contributor

Not having a running balance is totally asinine! From my desktop, I see absolutely no "detail" view. Bring the old paypal site back...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.