Account running balance no longer shown.

Bongsman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I used to be able to access my transactions with a running balance being shown.

Is this feature no longer available?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

nojust1me
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.

Login to Me Too

SteveEeee
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  This is incredibly stupid --poor customer relations, an insult-- and it makes the site more or less a child's toy.  I just wasted a half hour on two customer service calls to PayPal.  The first guy told me I could find my running balance in "wallet"-- which means he didn't understand what I was asking about; you can't see your balance of a week earlier there, or how PayPal arrived at your current balance.  In short, you can't reconcile your transactions and hunt down any anomalies in your calculations anymore.

The second guy agreed that the removal of the "Detailed" column was unfortunate.  I saw this coming.... they retired the "Classic" view and started semi-hiding the "Detailed" tab option, such that you could only see it if your browser was stretched to full screen.  Now it's just missing.

I'm in the US, and had a transaction recently that was in Euros.   I had to have this guy verbally detail how the conversion worked, so that my account balance would reconcile.  I don't want to have to call Paypal every time I have a transaction like this.

Anyone know of any alternatives to PayPal?  I'd like to get out of here.  I'm done.  They don't care about us.

Login to Me Too

meliciousm
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the customer service was insulting and disingenuous. I was transferred to a 2nd representative that tried giving me the run around as I asked her to give me a yes or no answer. There are no more reports that can be generated that show a running balance.  

Login to Me Too

SteveEeee
Contributor
Contributor
ta da: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history Then click on "all activity (with balance)."
Login to Me Too

GiantRobot
Contributor
Contributor

OMG you saved me. Bookmarking, but just like before, its only WHEN, not IF, Paypal corrupts this link as well. Paypal is preparing for the collapse of the USDollar when we consumers will have access to nothing, including our $.

Login to Me Too

nathan6294np
New Community Member

One likely reason paypal have deleted this option from being displayed is so that you cannot see when they have taken money from your account

Both ebay and paypal are making it very easy for genuine sellers to get conned by d*ckhead buyers

I recently sold an item on ebay, the buyer received it, used it and then claimed 'they simply didnt like it' and thus wanted to return it. Upon refusing to bend over and accept the return he challenged me through ebay and i won.....so he then defaulted to opening a second claim on paypal. Of which paypal instantly took the sale amount from my account and froze it until the claim was resolved.

Yet i cannot see that money is gone from account because it doesnt show as a transaction and there is now no running balance! go figure....

Paypal is corrupt

Login to Me Too

kk26
New Community Member

just got off the phone with Matthew at paypal who tried telling me "this was never an option with paypal credit".  "There is and never was a way to see a running balance in paypal credit". He actually didn't even know what a running balance was. I had to ask for supervisor after the first girl spent 10 minutes trying to find my account and then walking me through how to view my statement. After the third time I explained to her what a running balance was, I got Matt.

Login to Me Too

SteveEeee
Contributor
Contributor

That's ridiculous.  The company has lost all self-respect.

Login to Me Too

SteveEeee
Contributor
Contributor

I'm afraid to tell you how to do this because I think they will eliminate the loophole.  But suffice it to say, you CAN still access the classic view if you have any old links to it in your history.  This will still display the balance.  The data is still there.... they just don't want you to see it.

I arrived at it somehow by fiddling around in a "view source" view, but I have not been able to duplicate my results.

Login to Me Too

SteveEeee
Contributor
Contributor

Aw what the heck.  I'll just tell you.

Try this:

Then click on "all activity (with balance)."
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.