A buyer requested a refund after receiving an item.

Ashez_Ii
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer has recently received a package from me and is now trying to refund.This has put me in a state of worry and anxiety as I am -£50* in balance.

This has caused me to lose countless hours of sleep in the last 2 days(Only had 4-6 hours).

I have provided images below as evidence and have blurred personal infro for obvious reasons.I would appreciate any help.Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ashez_Ii 

Sellers are not protected against Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) claims and will be forced to accept a return and refund the customer, UNLESS the explanation the buyer gives in the dispute is not considered a SNAD.

8 What is Significantly Not as Described (SNAD)?

1. Your purchase is Significantly Not as Described if it is materially different from the last description of it that you received from the payment recipient before you paid for it (which, for exclusively online purchases, shall be taken to be the payment recipient’s description of the purchase in the relevant online listing) (“Purchase Description”). Here are some non-exhaustive examples:
    1. You received a completely different item. For instance, you purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box or the software that you received was not the software that was sold to you.
    2. The condition of your purchase was misrepresented. For instance, the listing for an item said “new” and the item was used.
    3. Your purchase was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
    4. Your purchase is missing major parts or features and the fact that these parts or features are missing was not disclosed in the listing.
    5. You purchased 3 items from a payment recipient but received only 2.
    6. Your purchase was damaged during postage.
  2. Your purchase is not Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) if it is not materially different from the Purchase Description. Here are some non-exhaustive examples:
    1. The defect in your purchase was correctly described by the payment recipient.
    2. Your purchase was correctly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
    3. Your purchase was correctly described but did not meet your expectations.
    4. The item that you purchased has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.
    5. An event you purchased tickets to was postponed.

If buyer loses PayPal dispute, they can still dispute through their credit card or bank (chargeback/bank reversal) so you're not totally home free if you won the PayPal dispute. Chargebacks/bank reversals incur a fee in addition to the amount disputed through buyer's financial institution who makes the final decision, not PayPal. If a SNAD chargeback/bank reversal dispute is filed, you won't be covered by PayPal for it either.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

monarchminerals
Contributor
Contributor

I wouldn't stress it. Their message clearly states that she made the purchase. Just because her husband thinks her decision was stupid does not mean they get their money back and keep the product.

Also, This message has scam written all over it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.