501(c)3 Require Donor Address for Tax Filing

jdisimon
Contributor
Contributor

As many 501(c) 3non-profits might be aware, the IRS requires name and home address for all donors who contribute over $5000.  Unfortunately, there is no way to require donors to provide this information through Paypal standard as donors have the option not to pass this info onto the organization they are donating to. Note, donors are required to enter this info and provide it to Paypal to complete the donation transaction.  Having the option to require that this info is passed on to the non-profit would be a good feature to have IMO. 

Short of this, we are required to collect this info upfront on the non-profits websites, something I am able and prepared to do. My question is, how to pass this onto Paypal so that the donor is not required to enter it twice?

Thanks..

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

gjcoram
New Community Member

I have almost the same issue: I'm the treasurer for a campaign committee, and state law requires me to report the names and addresses of donors of more than $50. I have to keep e-mailing my donors to request this information; I'd like to be able to reject donations if the donor is not willing to share an address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.