1099K Reports Stubhub Mass Payments

bossfan
Contributor
Contributor

I did not have any Paypal third party sales in 2022.  I was issued a 1099K that shows only Mass Payments that I received from my Stubub sales.  I also had Mass Payents from Vivid Seats but those are not being reported.  Why is Paypal issuing a 1099K for payments that were received from Stubhub?  Stubhub will probably also issue a 1099K so I will be having a double reporting issue to the IRS from bothe Stubhub and Paypal?  Is anyone else facing this problem?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @bossfan

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I can understand how there could be some confusion when receiving a 1099k from PayPal. I pulled the following Help Center article to help advise what kind of payment activity would qualify to be included on a 1099k: Will PayPal report my sales to the IRS?

If there's still some concern regarding this or other processes, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams. 

Good luck on this and your future transactions!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

skier303
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. last year stubhub sent me 46k. I only filed a 1099k with stubhub not paypal. I also posted a similar question with no response. what little info I have is that a stubhub payment to paypal is classified as unknown. that is what a supervisor told me. same my vivid seats payments are not being held. I have been a victim of identity theft about 6 years ago and it cost me 15k and countless nights worrying about all the problems they caused me. it was a living nightmare. I have already change my payout method with stubhub but paypal says they are keeping it for an undermined amount of time plus they are keeping 24% for the irs. if you don't have my tax id how do i get that money back?

Login to Me Too

bossfan
Contributor
Contributor
@skier303 Last year I did not get a PayPal 1099K for my Stubhub mass payments. This year I did. Viagogo took over Stubhub so that is the variable. Viagogo is probably categorizing the mass payment as goods and services or unknown as you were told. I had mass payments from Vivid Seats that were not included on the 1099K so this is a Stubhub issue and since Viagogo took over their customer service is terrible so no way they will fix this issue. I have had to change my Stubhub payout from PayPal to a bank and I’ll have to account for the duplicate transaction reporting on my taxes.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.