Recurring Payments Dashboard - Gone? Just Like that?

kelarius
New Community Member

I haven't been this upset in several months. I have been managing over 20 customers subscriptions for my business services without having any problems. Then today, I go to paypal to change one of my customers subscriptions and to my surprise the dashboard is gone? So ok, you click on Profile and then there are 3 columns.. Usually you go to the middle column and click on Recurring Payments and the dashboard comes up and I can see all of my customers. Now, when I click on Recurring Payments nothing comes up.

I thought to myself, maybe I did something wrong? I try and search for other ways for 20 minutes. Then after being frustrated I call Paypal, struggle to get past the automated helper and then get this guy who tells me that the Engineers are aware and that they have been upgrading the web site.  Mind you this is after he put me on hold for dang near 10 minutes.  I let him know that I have been accessing it all along with no problem and I want to know what happened. He tells me he is going to go back and talk with these "engineers" and then puts me on hold for 30 minutes and then hangs up without even coming back on the line. This is not good for business. Why am I being treated this way? What about my customers? I've been with paypal now for a few years and this just isn't fair.

Before leaving, because that is what I am about to do, I want to know if anyone has any suggestions..

Signed,

**bleep** off and frustrated

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

kittycattery
Contributor
Contributor

that's exactly where it SHOULD be. craziness. hopefully it shows up for you soon!

Login to Me Too

kittycattery
Contributor
Contributor

Last ditch effort: I wonder if you can access the final page from a direct hot link:

https://business.paypal.com/mfportal/PortalApp/DisplayAdhocScheduleFilters?reportAbbr=RPP

That is the URL of the REcurring Payments - User Profiles report page. Hopefully that will work. Note: I would be logged in before pasting that link.

Login to Me Too

PicsNY
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent idea! But no joy... 500 Internal Server Error

I guess maybe it is due to the fact that the Enhanced Subscriptions feature is activated on my Business Account. Probably why I got an "introductory offer" and they won't start charging me the $20 a month for it until January - looks like I've been duped into becoming a "beta tester" for a feature that they can't seem to get working right.

😞

Thanks very much for trying though!

Login to Me Too

nickelmusic
Contributor
Contributor

No, that can't be it, PicsNY.  I've got Enhanced Recurring Billing activated on my Business account, and I CAN see it, and thanks to the previous poster who at LEAST gave us a place where we can see all the subscriptions in one place.  

But I log into a LOT of people's Paypal accounts, since I am a developer, and I'm telling you, there are so many different configurations of menus and looks that I can't believe it.  I can't make heads or tails of why one account looks one way and another looks a different way.  It's VERY confusing, and if you called customer support 10 times, changes are good that 9 out of 10 reps wouldn't have the slightest clue either.  

Recently, I started a support ticket trying to find out why I could edit some recurring payment profiles (change, suspend, change the amount charged, etc.) and couldn't edit others.  I got 5 different answers, which were not correct, and finally they settled on the idea that it has to do with WHEN the recurring payment profiles were created.  Later ones have the ability to be changed, while earlier ones do NOT.  Who knows if that's right or not.  I'm really disappointed in how this has all gone down.

By the way, one additional answer I got the Recurring Payments Dashboard from a tech rep was that it was never supposed to be released to Paypal Standard Payments accounts, and that there were so many issues with it, that upper management ordered it to be pulled, and that it MIGHT be coming back in the next upgrade.  Who knows.  They don't.

Login to Me Too

SyntraClick
Contributor
Contributor

I have to refrain myself from describing how unbelievably stupid the people over at PayPal are.

I decided I want to swtich to PayPal Pro, and host everything on my site. I have to turn off Enhanced Recurring Billing to do this. Where does one do this? In the Recurring Payments Dashboard which is now gone!

What else?

PayPal randomly put a transaction on hold to review it. 3 weeks later, they decide to reverse it - for no reason. The customer got access to my site (now for free). Thanks PayPal, you're a bunch of winners!

What also **bleep** me off, is that I can't use PayPal with multiple sites, dynamically. Meaning, I have only one IPN notification URL I can use. That's great, but what about the dozen of other membership sites I want to create that uses the IPN?

Thanks again PayPal!

And btw, that link that KittyCattery posted:

https://business.paypal.com/mfportal/PortalApp/Dis playAdhocScheduleFilters?reportAbbr=RPP

Does work for me, and can be found in the reports section. However it doesn't do the same job as the RP Dashboard. It doesn't show any of the canceled profiles - inactive is not canceled. Can't sort either!

Login to Me Too

nmhindman
New Community Member

Same frustration.

I needed to cancel a single subscription, and finally found a way:

In my list of transactions, I found the customer's last subscription payment.  Then clicked on "details" for that payment, which took me to the "Transaction Details" page.  There's a link on the page, "See related [long serial no.]", which takes me to the details of the customer's subscription.  On this page, there's a "Cancel Subscription" link.

The above only serves for canceling a subscription, sorry to the rest of you, but I share your PayPal frustration!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.