Recurring Payments Dashboard - Gone? Just Like that?

kelarius
New Community Member

I haven't been this upset in several months. I have been managing over 20 customers subscriptions for my business services without having any problems. Then today, I go to paypal to change one of my customers subscriptions and to my surprise the dashboard is gone? So ok, you click on Profile and then there are 3 columns.. Usually you go to the middle column and click on Recurring Payments and the dashboard comes up and I can see all of my customers. Now, when I click on Recurring Payments nothing comes up.

I thought to myself, maybe I did something wrong? I try and search for other ways for 20 minutes. Then after being frustrated I call Paypal, struggle to get past the automated helper and then get this guy who tells me that the Engineers are aware and that they have been upgrading the web site.  Mind you this is after he put me on hold for dang near 10 minutes.  I let him know that I have been accessing it all along with no problem and I want to know what happened. He tells me he is going to go back and talk with these "engineers" and then puts me on hold for 30 minutes and then hangs up without even coming back on the line. This is not good for business. Why am I being treated this way? What about my customers? I've been with paypal now for a few years and this just isn't fair.

Before leaving, because that is what I am about to do, I want to know if anyone has any suggestions..

Signed,

**bleep** off and frustrated

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

PicsNY
Contributor
Contributor

Problem still exists.

I have over 200 subscribers and not only has PayPal been letting accidental cancels go through without sending subscription payment failure notices for several months, just when they appear to have that problem almost fixed now THIS crops up. For over a year the Recurring Subscriptions section was blank and useless, then suddenly this year it served a purpose and was populated... now it's empty again.

Now that I bit the hook and recently added the Enhanced Subscriptions feature to my account (let's users subscribe without having a PayPal account, costs an extra $20 a month), I've discovered that there's no way to really work with credit card subscription payments. If a payment fails there's no way for a funding source to be updated since it's a straiight credit card payment, so not only do we desparately NEED the Recurring Subscriptions dashboard to work - we need it to be outfitted with practical features for allowing customers to update the credit cards that they're using on the Enhanced subscriptions. This is getting messy and I admit I'm a bot worried.

Login to Me Too

sinfulmindz
New Community Member

This is very frustrating to say the least.  When you email support they email you back telling you how to find the Recurring payments in your account.  NICE but nothing shows!  Why havent we had any tech support feedback on this issue?  One would think with a company as big as paypal they would ANSWER our questions on this issue.

Login to Me Too

kittycattery
Contributor
Contributor

I FOUND IT!!!!

From My Account, hover over the "History" link in the submenu. In the dropdown menu under History you will see "Reports". Click on this. You will see a link called "Recurring Payments - User Profiles". 

BAM!

Login to Me Too

amgrant
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent, thanks kittycattery.

Login to Me Too

PicsNY
Contributor
Contributor

kittycattery - what type of PayPal account do you have?

I have a "Business Account" and when I click Hsitory > Reports there is still nothing there regarding recurring subscriptions 😞

Maybe PayPal discovered your trick and took our toys away? In any case, this **bleep**... I have to bother two customers today and ask them to re-subscribe because they subscribed to my service back on August 30th and apparently that was a problem day for PayPal, because it transacted the subscriptions as one-time payments and they have not recurred (they should have recurred on Sept. 30th).

So just a word of CAUTION out there for anyone got new subscribers around AUGUST 30th - check and make sure they recurred on September 30th because if they didn't then you're not getting paid unless you get them to subscribe again!

BTW, my issue may be due in part to the fact that I'm using PayPal's "Enhanced Subscriptions" (something that apparently they only announced to some of us to use as guinea pigs), which is the subscription service like normal but with the additional ability to allow people to subscribe with just a Credit Card and NO PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

kittycattery
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Business Account, but not the enhanced account that you are talking about.

Best of luck,

Tim

Login to Me Too

PicsNY
Contributor
Contributor

Mine should be the same as yours in regard to reports - we both have Business Accounts.

My account type is not "enhanced", I simply have an extra service added my subscription possibilities. PayPal just recently came out with the "Enhanced Subscriptions" feature, which simply means that for an extra fee of $20 a month you can have people subscribe with just credit cards and no PayPal account. Basically what I'm starting to realize is it's just an extortion fee for those of us who are losing subscribers due to consumers not wanting to deal with PayPal anymore.

In any case, thanks for the response. I'm definitely concerned about the fact that we both have the same Account Type but I do not have Recurring Subscriptions link listed in my History > Reports section.

Login to Me Too

trulytex
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. I have subscriptions failing when my subscribers have money in their paypal accounts and yet I can't see all my subscribers.  Plus, one of my subscribers received an email saying their subscription had failed due to a change in my Payment Receiving Preferences - which I haven't changed ever, I don't think.

Finally, I'm on hold as I write this.  It's been 34 minutes so far.  I supposedly waiting for a supervisor.  Yesterday I went through the same thing, but it was 30 minutes talking to a young woman who had no idea what I was talking about.  Mostly I kept saying, "Fine, but that doesn't answer the question I asked."   Finally, I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said okay. I heard music for about a minute and then was cut off.

Gotta love that outsourcing!

Oh wait.   I just got cut off again.  38 minutes of my life I'll never get back.   I think I'll go back to my old merchant account and dump Paypal entirely.

Login to Me Too

kittycattery
Contributor
Contributor

I just found it under the main menu, "History" tab, drop down for "Reports". On that page you will see a link for Recurring Payments - User Profiles. Click that, then the button to show "Active" profiles .... works for me at least!!

Login to Me Too

PicsNY
Contributor
Contributor

I'm doing it the same EXACT way as you, but no Recurring link appears on the resulting page.

Just to be clear, here is what I'm doing:

1. I log in to PayPal

2. I hover my mouse over the History button so that it drops down a menu

3. In the drop-down menu I click Reports

That takes me to a page with my "Business Overview", my financial reports, and merchant links, but absolutely NOWHERE on the page is there a link to ANYTHING with the word "Recurring" in it.

This is just PayPal "business as usual"... half the system works for half the people half the time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.