Quicken Web Connect

RandyS
Contributor
Contributor

For the laqst several years Quicken has only accepted Web Connect as its format to download transactions.  They haven't accepted the .qif for several versions so any of us that have the newer versions can't download into our quicken program.  Anyway you'll can frix the problem?

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

scloopy
Contributor
Contributor

Does Paypal ever planning on fixing the download problems with Quicken and Quickbooks?  They want us to go paperless, but this does not work if you can not download transactions directly to your accounting software.

Login to Me Too

TMVProgVox

Ok. Does anyone have a solution for accounting software that interfaces with Pay Pal that does work!!??  I had the same problem with my business partner, he was complaining that the numbers, literally the $$ dont match when quicken pulls from Pay Pal?

well, we are all entrenched here... we may as well find another solution. There must be another system that interfaces with Pay Pal.

Hey PeePee, could you guys suggest a solution that works seamlessly with your system?

Login to Me Too

kbmoose1
Contributor
Contributor

This becomes more important with BillMeLater.  I used to be able to manually balance my PayPal account.  But since adding BillMeLater, there are many more entries which are difficult to enter and I haven't balanced PayPal without occassional 'Balance Adjustments'. 

Get on the ball, PayPal 

Login to Me Too

bhakta
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is pathetic. I download directly to Quicken from so many banks, brokerages, mutual fund companies, even department stores, but Paypal nothing.

Login to Me Too

ecmatheny
Contributor
Contributor

Quick Books is not Quicken.  Two different programs.  Can you check and see if it will work with Quicken?

Login to Me Too

kpania
Contributor
Contributor

According to the SimplePort FAQs.....

Does SimplePort work with QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Simple Start or Quicken?       

A) Currently, SimplePort is limited by Intuit product capabilities; QuickBooks Online, Simple Start and Quicken do not support IIF File import, (the existing method used by SimplePort to import PayPal transactions into QuickBooks Pro, Premier or Enterprise editions). Development is under way that will utilize Intuit’s Software Developer’s Kit 7.0 to extend SimplePort’s QuickBooks integration to the Online and Simple Start products. Quicken development will follow at a later date. We expect the QB Online and Simple Start integration will occur in Q3 2009.

Login to Me Too

Libra156
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem trying to download Paypal into Quicken 2009 Premier. Customer Service is non-responsive and do not seem to understand (or don't want to understand) this problem?? Does anyone out their know why this is not working? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

jory12
Contributor
Contributor

Any word on this yet?  I can't believe I can't download my PayPal records to Quicken.  Even though the download center has a Quicken button (not for credit cards, though!), the file type is not recognized by Quicken.

Login to Me Too

PatriciaN
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is really starting to drive me crazy.  And the only reason they can afford to neglect the requests of their customers is because they're so well-known and PayPal is a familiar and trusted brand.  It drives me crazy.  But as soooooon as I find better, I've had it.  They're leaving the door wide open for someone to step in.

Login to Me Too

FlaScubaMan
Contributor
Contributor

I have a dozen credit cards, banks, financial institutions, investment accounts and they all interface with Quicken and allow it to download transactions to one place so I can always get an instant snapshop of my financial picture.  The only exception is my paypal plus credit credit card.  It seems this card is still in the dark ages and has no digital interface.  Is my only option to use one of my other credit cards to pay my paypal bill?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.