Quicken Web Connect

RandyS
Contributor
Contributor

For the laqst several years Quicken has only accepted Web Connect as its format to download transactions.  They haven't accepted the .qif for several versions so any of us that have the newer versions can't download into our quicken program.  Anyway you'll can frix the problem?

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

brow1068
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been very frustrated by trying to integrate my PayPal account with Quicken 2009 Home & Business.  The web connect feature doesn't work consistently and PayPal only offers a QIF file format (no option for QFX format) for downloading transaction history.  Meanwhile, Quicken 2009 will not allow me to import the QIF format for checking, savings, credit card type accounts.  Quicken 2009 considers PayPal to be one of these QIF import banned account types.  Here is a loophole I have discovered.

1) Download your transaction history in QIF format from PayPal

2) Open this QIF file in text editor

3) Add the following lines of text to the top of the QIF file:

!Account
      NPayPal Account [Subsititue the brackets and this text for your PayPal account login name]
      TBank
      ^

[QIF file contents continues from here]

4) Save QIF file with changes

5) Import QIF file in Quicken 2009 and select <All Accounts> in the QIF Import form

6) Click Yes on the dialog box that follows

For some reason this import has not worked flawlessly for me.  There are a few missing transactions that I have to add manually but it is the best solution I have found thus far.

I am currently working on writing an Excel macro that will take the PayPal Download History (in Comma or Tab delimited - balance affecting payments format) and automatically convert this into an accurate QFX file.

Login to Me Too

Beau-tech
Contributor
Contributor

I apprecieate all of the work that you are doing to help us import transactions from Paypal. However, downloading worked for me until Sept. 2009. I didn't change anything on my end. All of my other accounts from other financial institutions work. This seems like a very basic function in todays IT technology world. Please get this fixed.

Thank you.

Quicken 2010 Home & Business

Login to Me Too

bhakta
Contributor
Contributor

I am very frustrated that PAYPAL cannot do this simple thing. This is available from every bank, every brokerage house, every investment house, and PayPal cannot do it?

It is really stupid!

Login to Me Too

ecmatheny
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal Credit card needs to get QFX going.  I am going to stop using the credit card if they can't handle this.  There are millions of Quicken users out here.  Will the Paypal/Ebay people comment on this please???

Login to Me Too

EyePhotog
Contributor
Contributor

This is customer abuse by neglect by PayPal. 

Please add my frustration to the previous posts.

Please, please, Quicken, please,... get the PayPal export into Quicken fixed ! !

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

PayPal has identified a third-party service, SimplePort, which provides a PayPal-QuickBooks data integration solution.  You can use SimplePort to download PayPal transaction data into your QuickBooks accounting software. To learn more, go to the SimplePort.net website.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

EyePhotog
Contributor
Contributor

Will SimplePort.net send PayPal activities to Quicken as well as QuickBooks?

Since Quicken now is supporting a .QFX file format, when will PayPal create an data export file for this format?

Thanks -

Login to Me Too

ecmatheny
Contributor
Contributor

Simple port costs money and is meant for Ebay sellers.  We need something that will work for customers of Pay Pal who use their credit card.  

Login to Me Too

kbmoose1
Contributor
Contributor

The Quicken incompatibility started with Quicken 2005.  Paypal really needs to step up to this or risk losing their market.  Retail history is full of companies who neglected their customers by not going with current trends in order to save a nickel.  And most of them are history.  Quicken 2010 is available now.  Let's get with it, Paypal 

Login to Me Too

richphilly
Contributor
Contributor

I have to throw my two cents in here too.  I just installed Quicken and have successfully signed on and downloaded every transaction for every account I have excepy PayPal.  Pretty sad if you ask me.  They know how to skim their cut from transactions but can't support the most used financial software on the market. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.