Quicken Web Connect

RandyS
Contributor
Contributor

For the laqst several years Quicken has only accepted Web Connect as its format to download transactions.  They haven't accepted the .qif for several versions so any of us that have the newer versions can't download into our quicken program.  Anyway you'll can frix the problem?

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

candyt3
Contributor
Contributor

Quicken says QIF is 10 year old technology and it isn't all that useful anymore because it creates errors in the account. I can download PayPal into a QIF file but Quicken won't import it, because QFX (Quicken Web Connect) is a full-feature import and the one Quicken wants everyone to use. Quicken says banks should get on board and update their software to QFX. So that leaves us begging PayPal for a fix. In the meantime I created a cash account and I enter the transactions manually.

Login to Me Too

ProfQuill
Contributor
Contributor

About the updating problems (not the credit/debit issue, since I think that's PayPal's fault), I filed a report with Quicken (the process from within the program), and got a quick response, they wanted me to insure that I was using the current 2011 R3 version (I was), and then try it all again with a freshly-created Quicken file.

I guess that's a more definitive test, but can't they try that themselves?  Seems they ought to have a sample PayPal account for their own testing purposes.  

With all that's been posted here, I hesitate now to do anything to mess with my existing PayPal account within Quicken, in fear of making things worse.  At least in my case, simply restarting Quicken and doing an update from within the PayPal register seems to work, a somewhat reasonable detour for now.

Login to Me Too

electricrainbow
Contributor
Contributor

One would THINK that after seeing 10 pages worth of complaints against PayPal for not being up to date, as far as data files go - that PayPal would be on the band wagon to getting this fixed...quickly.  I run my business transactions through Quicken and have to manually enter the PayPal transactions and it's getting tiresome.  Did someone say Google checkout will import??  I might just have to bail on PayPal in the name of time saving. For what you guys are charging for fees, there's NO REASON you're not compatible with one of the leading home based accounting softwares... No reason at all...

Login to Me Too

mtracht
Contributor
Contributor

So the debit/credit issue finally got fixed for a month or so - and now Paypal won't update at all in Quicken. Keeps saying Paypal is updating their site, but it's been a week. Anyon else having problems again?

Login to Me Too

mcollins
Contributor
Contributor

I have been unable to download into Quicken from PayPal since Nov 15. I followed some advice in this thread saying to remove 1 step update and re establish the connection with PayPal web connect. I removed and I have been unable to establish Quicken PayPal connection ever since.

I am in the middle of Quicken techsupport on this issue...it is on going and I have spent HOURS on the tech support phone and web. I will keep you informed.

I have the same problem in 2009, and 2011 on xp and win 7.

...more to follow

Login to Me Too

ProfQuill
Contributor
Contributor

My experience with Quicken vs. PayPal is at best variable; sometimes a download works, other times it gets some error, then when I retry (possibly multiple times) it works.

I've had an issue with Quicken where I see some kind of error in the QFX log, with no error indication in the update summary; in such cases, restarting Quicken and re-doing an update on my PayPal account usually works.  

Quicken support had me trying this process with a fresh file, but it's always worked there so I haven't been able to provide them with further debugging info.

However, I will reiterate that the payment/deposit issue has worked fine of late.   

I'm using Quicken 2011 R4, my internet connection is very fast (FIOS), so my wild stab at the updating problem could be slow response somewhere between the Quicken servers and PayPal (?).

Login to Me Too

RobandthePals
New Community Member

I am new to Quicken and PayPal integration. Wehn I didn't see an export to standard Quicken file and the one step ipdate failed for me in Quicken 10 I jsut wnet ahead and used the PAyPal history download. Open in Excel and use a 3rd party tool to export it to the standard Quicken format for import manually. The good thign I can break out the fees so I get the full transaction as the income and the fees as an expense. Of couse split woudl be far more efficient but I jsut want the bottom line correct. With big companies like PayPal and Quicken it's mind blowing that this integration is now working.

Login to Me Too

rkoby
New Community Member

Any suggestions on loading in my Paypal transaction history for 2010 into Quicken Essentials for Mac?  Besides doing it manually?

Login to Me Too

annoyed100
New Community Member

yep same here it is ridiculous

Login to Me Too

chesco9
New Community Member

I've been having this problem since the beginning of December 2010. I've been having to enter transactions manually which is a drag, specially since Quicken advartises that it downloads transactions automatically from Paypal. Maybe there is a conflict of interest between Paypal and Intuit and it **bleep** that we are stuck in the middle. I hope that they are able to work something out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.