Paypal has lost my year to date account data!!!!!!!!!!!!

vsente
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying deperately to download my year to date account data for the past month. The downloads time out and I never get my report. I have now talked to 4 different Paypal folks this week and none of them have been able to generate a report or tell me whats wrong. ALL MY TAX AND BUSINESS INFO IS IN THERE and it appears they have lost it. Has Paypal lost anybody elses data? And if so have you been able to bypass the robobots and talk to anyone who knew what was going on???? HELP!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi vsente,

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about the download issues.

If the download times out it's probably because there is a lot of payment history trying to be compiled into a report and our system is going to take longer than your browser will keep the connection open.  The best way to resolve this situation is to download a smaller range of transactions.

You might also find the information you are looking for in the 2011 Financial Summary which was made available in the Reports section of the website since your post.

I hope this helps. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

vsente
Contributor
Contributor

Frank,

"if the download times out it's probably because there is a lot of payment history trying to be compiled into a report and our system is going to take longer than your browser will keep the connection open. "

Do you understand how absurd your response is? Yes I do have a lot of transactions which means that me and my suppliers have paid Paypal a lot of fees!!!!!! You aggressively promote Paypal as a business solution yet you cannot provide the most basic business tool. SHOULDN'T YOU DISCLOSE THE FACT THAT YOUR SYSTEM DOES NOT PROVIDE REPORTING?

And as of January 6 2012 after 45 days I still can't download my data. Not having this data in December may have cost me on my taxes. And it wasted a couple of days of my time trying to solve your problem. 

FRANK JUST GET ME MY DATA!!

Mike

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.