Downloadable Logs are currently unavailable

steveputz
Contributor
Contributor

I've been getting "Downloadable Logs are currently unavailable" and similar errors when I try to search or download my transaction history.   Any suggestions how to get this fixed most quickly?  I've submitted an email support request but from what I've read, that might not be effective.  I need to download my transaction history to do my business accounting.

Steve

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

steveputz
Contributor
Contributor

Update: It took almost a week, but PayPal finally fixed my history download problem after I complained via the support web site.  I did not have to phone them.  The explanation was "A security measure was temporarily blocking this until further review."  This sounds similar to what others have reported.

Steve

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

steveputz
Contributor
Contributor

Update: It took almost a week, but PayPal finally fixed my history download problem after I complained via the support web site.  I did not have to phone them.  The explanation was "A security measure was temporarily blocking this until further review."  This sounds similar to what others have reported.

Steve

Login to Me Too

ritap
Contributor
Contributor

So what is the 'solution' to removing the blocks?  Do I need to download something and if so from where?  Is there some kind of setting... how do I get to download my files - I've been trying to for months!  Please help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi folks, and welcome to the forums!

If you run into an inability to download logs, it is very likely a security issue. PayPal does have tight security controls in place to prevent someone from accessing information in your account. Usually, a review is performed soon after you have your error. If you continue to receive errors for a prolonged period of time, you can call Customer Solutions and they can have it reviewed further for you.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Imageer
New Community Member

What triggers a PayPal review? Does a failed download raise a flag somewhere at PayPal, or is it necessary to complain somewhere to initiate action?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Imageer, and welcome to the forums!

Typically, the attempt will cause the review. That's why trying again several hours to a day later usually does the trick.

I hope this helps!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

artprint
Contributor
Contributor

"Downloadable Logs are currently unavailable. Please try again later."

it has been with papal a reacquiring issue for me for 6 years, and it seems that it is because my account has a "User" that logs in from a different geographical location.

If Paypal allows the account to have another User, and especially when the history shows that nothing has changed the way the account is handled for years, Paypal should accommodate this in their program and eliminate such problems for their account holders. People walked on the moon already over 40 years ago! and Paypal can't deal with such trivial programming issue?
Paypal is very frustrating with the way the system is set up- it is clunky and 10 years behind, and the costumer service is if not ignorring, always useless and misleading- but this is what happens with all "monopolies".

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi artprint, and welcome to the forums!

I can definitely understand the frustration and inconvenience involved in waiting for a report when you need it immediately - I'd feel similarly frustrated. I would like to call your attention to the real benefit of this process the way it is. 

The safety of the information in your account is very important to us. It's not just the safety of your information either - it's also the information of the people with whom you've transacted. The security system reviews every request for information, and situations that have additional layers of complexity may also require additional layers of scrutiny. These measures are in place to limit the access to your buyers' transaction information to only those with a legitimate need to know it. Your buyers can feel safe transacting with you, knowing that you are using a payment processor that keeps the protection of their information at the forefront of their concern. Today more than ever, buyers appreciate that kind of safety. Let them know how well they're protected when they pay you with PayPal, and enjoy that benefit!

I hope this helps! 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

artprint
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Olivia, but truly, your explanation doesn't help to remove the problems. I am not asking to compromise the security issues, I am asking to improve the costumer service. Both can be done, since you know... people already walked on the moon...
I hope Paypal will really start addressing and resolving these  issues in a productive way.
I also hope that Google will  develop a better system for  similar services to mobilize Paypal to reinvent its operation methods. Making new logos and placing fresh images, as Paypal implement "improvements", is just not enough anymore for those of us who use it for business transactions.

thank you again for your response.

p.s. as I am writing this note, the drama continues....

Login to Me Too

Cyclepsycho
Contributor
Contributor

Canned answers are all I can get out of PayPal's "Customer Service".  Apparently, they use a keyword program to automatcially answer questions and don't actually read them.

Perhaps you speak English, but do you actually understand it?

I've been trying to download history logs for the last couple months with no resolve.

Any inquiry as to why is met with an automated, or canned response.

I run many thousands of dollars through your system every year.  I do not feel it is fair to be treated this way.

Calling on the telephone is impossible.  I can never get an acutal living person on the phone.

I await your automated response....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.