dispute due to item received as broken

Sita1
New Community Member

Ok long story but I bought a cosplay outfit from Russia from etsy.  The main part of outfit is a sword.  The sword arrived broken and should have been returned to sender but package was opened by mistake and items were refused.  The items came in two packages.  Well I went to post office and took possession of items.  I contacted sellers through Etsy during the whole process and both sellers said I was a fraud and liar.  Anyways I sent them photographs of broken sword and they insist that I take everything else and a refund of 200US dollars.  Mind you the purchase was 1225US with shipping.  We could not agree on an amount and they would not take a return.  Confusing but the seller is a guest seller.  She is using her friends etsy payapl account due to her account froze up.  I filled a dispute and called my bank and they said to do a chargeback as well.  Well dispute got dropped and turned into a chargeback and now paypal closed case and looks like seller won case but I still have a credit to my credit card.  Bank knows nothing yet and I'm told not to send anything back?  I'm confused how can they win dispute and not except a return when they do not have a listed return policy on the listing?  I tried consulting the true seller again and we made a better agreeement but she requested I drop chargeback before we do anything?  But I was told by bank to not do this until a credit is given to me by the seller.  Now she won't speak to me.  I was told to not contact her anymore as well.  Help????!!!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.