Quickbooks IIF Format not avaialbe on Non-US Accounts

pcvc
Contributor
Contributor

We are a Canadian non-profit sports club and have been using Quickbooks desktop version for accounting. To date we have downloaded transactions from PayPay in the IIF format. For non-US accounts in the new view IIF download is no longer available. This download type IS available in the classic view. The classic view is only available until June 2018. See the following screen captures.

No IIF Paypal.JPGClassic Paypal with IIF.JPG

This issue has been escalated to PayPal Merchant Technical support. The response is as follows:

“We heard from development team saying based on new product requirement, Quickbook IIF format is enabled only for US accounts and for the reference document soon they will update the new documentation with all information of  IIF format and I apologize for any inconvenience.”

“I apologize for the delay in following up with you regarding this issue.

We heard back from the internal team saying Quickbook IIF format is enabled only for US accounts. As your account is an canadian account, so quickbook IIF format option is disabled for your account. I apologize for an inconvenience.”

It seems to me shortsighted to only make the format available on non-US accounts. Further, a view change should not mean a loss of functionality.

Have other non-US accounts encountered this issue? If so, what is the best solution to workaround this problem?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

pcvc
Contributor
Contributor

Hard to believe only one other person has the same issue. Anyone have a good solution?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.