Phone numbers missing from transactions causing undue problems

kbuchholz1107
Contributor
Contributor

Just got off the phone with PayPal tech support.  PayPal has stopped providing phone numbers with customer transactions and this is causing us major headaches.  UPS, FedEx, etc., REQUIRE phone numbers in order to process a shipping label.  Now, we have to go back to each of our customers via email, ask them their phone number, and this is delaying shipping.  PayPal gave me some bullsh__ story about how providing phone numbers costs PayPal money, and when I challenged that, I was told that they are "not storing phone numbers".  REALLY?  Anyone who believes that needs professional help.

Can anyone provide first-hand information on a good, reliable alternative service to PayPal?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Wow ... have not heard that excuse before.  There's even a setting in your account profile Business Account to require a phone number.  Are you selling with a Personal or Business Account ?   (Personal accounts have less options compared to Business Accounts.)

As for other services, there's Square, Quick Books and a several others. 

Login to Me Too

kbuchholz1107
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly where is the Business Account (which I have) is there an option to require a phone number?  I am not seeing it.  Also, payments coming from eBay sales are now NOT showing the customer's email address, which we use to send an electronic Invoice & shipping confirmation back to the customer.  This is getting to be a real pain in the **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.