Payment confirmation disappeared

SnuffleDawg
New Community Member
I paid a merchant via bank transfer. They send me a Paypal confirmation as a receipt. I thought that was fine. I have since closed my bank acc and have no way to prove the transaction. 2 years later they somehow keep sending Paypal request and ask me to pay. How do I get the pdf of the previous conformation? It was in Oct 2019 and the harassing keep going via email and Paypal request. I need the confirmation in case we go to court or they sent me to debt collection. Surely Paypal will have it in their database when they initially sent me the confirmation? Many thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @SnuffleDawg,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

If you made the payment using your bank via your PayPal account, you would have received an email confirmation from PayPal. You would also be able to view the transaction in your PayPal 'Activity' page. 

If you cannot locate the transaction in your PayPal account, you may have just paid them directly using your bank. In this case, you would need to contact your bank to ask them for the payment details. Even though you have closed your bank account, they will still have record of the payment. They must keep records for up to 7 years. 

I hope you get this sorted!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.