No more Charts and Graphs!

DoremiTeacher
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is doing away with Charts and Graphs in 2019. This is ridiculous! I used Charts and Graphs EVERY DAY!  They are telling me to use Reports, but Reports doesn't do nearly enough.  come on, Paypal!!!  Don't make me leave you. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Carlos

HI @DoremiTeacher ,

With any live site change, we can certainly understand that it can adversely affect some accounts. That being said and in order to understand your case more specifically, could you please advise to what specific item's you used most in Charts & Graphs? Additionally, by not having this feature in your account any longer, how has it impacted your business?

The decision to sunset Charts & Graphs was not made lightly. Instead PayPal decided to provide a richer and more meaningful feature by enhancing "Sales Insights" in your reporting section of your PayPal account. If you are looking for a feature that was included within Charts & Graphs and that is not included in Sales Insights, could you describe what it is? We can take this as feedback in order to further enrich our Sales Insights reporting.

It is meaningful feedback like yours that truly drive product and features our service offers. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank you,

Carlos

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

motoheatusa
Contributor
Contributor

This is very complicated and slow for process for businesses.  Same as it use to be 7 years ago and now is the same. PayPal is going backwards. I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Carlos

HI @DoremiTeacher ,

With any live site change, we can certainly understand that it can adversely affect some accounts. That being said and in order to understand your case more specifically, could you please advise to what specific item's you used most in Charts & Graphs? Additionally, by not having this feature in your account any longer, how has it impacted your business?

The decision to sunset Charts & Graphs was not made lightly. Instead PayPal decided to provide a richer and more meaningful feature by enhancing "Sales Insights" in your reporting section of your PayPal account. If you are looking for a feature that was included within Charts & Graphs and that is not included in Sales Insights, could you describe what it is? We can take this as feedback in order to further enrich our Sales Insights reporting.

It is meaningful feedback like yours that truly drive product and features our service offers. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank you,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

antiquelampco
Contributor
Contributor

I used the Charts and Graphs tab to easily find out how much of my total monthly amount received was sales tax and shipping. If I do not have this information, it will show up on my books as profit. So apparently the new solution is that I now have to go to Activity Downloads and wait until someone sends an entire months' activity, then plow through that information to find out those two simple things. If it ain't broken - don't fix it! And, don't remove something that adds convenience for your customers unless you have something  easier to replace it! 

Login to Me Too

antiquelampco
Contributor
Contributor

Oh wait! this gets better! The sales tax and shipping isn't on the download and you can only get 12 downloads?! I have no idea what I'm doing to get the information I need!

Login to Me Too

vivpitt
Contributor
Contributor
There isn't anything "Richer & more Meaningful"... The charts and graphs was such a useful tool giving us CONSOLIDATED TOTALS ... For POSTAGE costs, Ebay total Credits & Debits and Paypal Fees .... Now what do we have?? None of the above is a useful format... Maybe Paypal would like to tell us why they have created hours and hours of work for us small Ebay businesses?? We don't have a consolidated Ebay postage total any longer so now you are making us add up each sale for a year to get our figures for HMRC. Also you set everything up nice;y for the US... what about us in the UK... You have meddled and caused us so much work it's madness!!!! One very frustrated Paypal user....
Login to Me Too

steverr1
Contributor
Contributor

Having used PayPal's Charts and Graphs for many years when completing my monthly accounts it was a Godsend. Now I have to physically total up all the individual fees which adds extra workload as I'm a sole trader.

Where do I find the separate Carriage charges as well?

Login to Me Too

Calvin17
Contributor
Contributor
Payapl are obviously foolish and full of people that have no idea how small businesses work. Charts save small ebay businesses time. If paypal save small ebay businesses time, they stand to make more money! Why so paypal constantly keep meddling. Paypal are clearly not interested in helping small businesses. Its really stupid and idiotic. Another VERY frustrated paypal user. Im going to be looking at alternatives now.
Login to Me Too

TMike
Contributor
Contributor

The charts and graphs tab was the most important tab a business person can use.  It has a tally of all your shipping charges, paypal fees charged, taxes collected all uses for those businesses that file taxes whether it be qtrly like I do or yearly.  Gotta gotta gotta have that information.  Very important to your business customers.  If your going to do away with this tab please provide us another way to get this very VALUABLE information..  

Respectfully,

Mike Bucca

Login to Me Too

dr_glj
Contributor
Contributor

This is NOT the solution!

I previously used graphs as a simple way of finding how much income was made and what the expenditure was in PayPal fees each month.

I can no longer find this information without having to add everything up.

The Sales Insights section under Reports DOES NOT give me the information I need.

Please can you provide the option to use 'Charts and Graphs' again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.