No Drop Down Menu to Access Statements

nwflscout
Contributor
Contributor

I have two Paypal accounts and on one I can access all my statements but on the other there are no drop down menus or other ways to download my statements. Trying to do my taxes and I'm SO frustrated.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nwflscout 

Is one personal and the other business?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nwflscout
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nwflscout 

ok, sorry to have bothered you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nwflscout
Contributor
Contributor

@nwflscout wrote:

No.

So, I had to find my own solution. I wasn't able to find anywhere I could access statements but I was able to create reports based on specific date ranges. Go to: HELP. Search for: REPORTS. Click on: How do I subscribe to a report? Then Click on the highlighted REPORT. You can then generate an activity report. Super NOT intuitive to find.

Login to Me Too

madumi
Contributor
Contributor

@nwflscoutwas on the money.

the activity-->statements "dropdown" is seemingly broken for now (April 13, 2019), tested on win10/macos safari/chrome/microsoft edge/firefox.

As a "workaround," go to: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-subscribe-to-a-report-faq3170?app=searchAutoCom... (while signed in), and click on the "Reports" link in that help article. From there, you'll be able to click on statements, and monthly or custom reports. My account is a personal account, but the link above (to the business side of paypal), still works to generate the transaction reports.

@PayPal_Jo  From my testing, this is a bug & needs a fix,

thx!

Login to Me Too

lconnie
Contributor
Contributor

This complaint is in several threads and I, too, was unable to access any statements or download any transactions.  In my case, it was because Paypal was asking for a proof of residence in such a narrow form that I was unable to provide it.  Finally, in an email from support, they said that, "Once you have provided the proper document, you will be able to see the statement button and download transactions."  If any of you are still experiencing this problem, I would check your notifications to see if Paypal is waiting for some requested document before they will "release" your account.  Mine is now fully functional as it had been before and that happened immediately once the requested document was provided.  

Login to Me Too

madumi
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome@lconnie !

As it turns out, that was my problem also.

I found an email "Action required: Confirm your info by... to keep a PayPal balance" and discovered that my account had been demoted to a non-cash account. Filling in the required information to confirm my account & revert back to a cash account brought back  the "statements" button.

Paypal really could make this clearer. There were no "notifications" for me to read & no heads-up that this kind of functionality in the account would be disabled.

Login to Me Too

nwflscout
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got a reply from PayPal support. they reported there's no problem with my account and I should be able to access my statements from my "Activity" menu. (I still cannot) They also offered to send me statements for whatever months/years I wanted. Helpful, but it doesn't fix the problem. 

Login to Me Too

Pentool
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem. There is no way to access statements on the iOS PayPal app. However - I was able to use this link to create a statement/report: https://business.paypal.com/merchantdata/consumerHome
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.