I updated to Quicken 2020 & now I can't set up the Paypal account to download.

mstv01
Contributor
Contributor

@ links to members, content  

I updated to Quicken 2020 & started having issues downloading.  I tried resetting the account,  tried deactivating and now I can't set up the Paypal account  at all 

At first, endless Paypal security code entries that wouldn't resolve into a connection.  It looked like it was working, but came back to having to enter the security code each time.  I deactivated and now I can't reactivate!  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

mstv01
Contributor
Contributor

This is an update to my original question.  Found out the main problem isn't just PayPal, it's also with Synchrony bank, which took over PayPal Credit.  I actually didn't have issues until they switched over completely and it may be accidental that it occurred at the same time Q-2020 was released or a combination of both. 

Mine worked for awhile after the changeover with an extra step to get in - to access the credit, I'd go through PP then click to get into the credit section, so Quicken worked with an extra step, too.  Apparently Synchrony isn't allowing that extra step now. 

However, I found that having Quicken set up a new account for PP DOES allow the download of transactions.  You can either copy all transactions up to the new setup and move them into that account or download into the new and just move them into the original account.  A hassle, but it works for me.

Hope it helps you, too, until the two entities work out their differences and start thinking of their customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.