I'm having issues understanding how to accept a money.

CarbonDivergent
Contributor
Contributor

A friend of mine wanted to send me $20 to my account to use for online shopping . When she did this i got an email saying " money is waiting for you " It then said in order to receive the money i had to file tax information . The strange thing is ... it showed the money in my account but the thing is , I've never had a job before or filed taxes before . I still live with my folks so does that apply to me ? Also my friends who use PayPal said they never had to file tax information just to receive $20 from someone . I'm so confused .

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

tomikaglover
New Community Member
Yea my money been locked in PayPal since 2020 they try to make you upload all these documents that you don’t even have PayPal just hold your money
Login to Me Too

CarbonDivergent
Contributor
Contributor

Do you know of a better alternative that doesn't require tax information which i don't have because i have no job at the moment ? Paypal is so weird .

This is ridiculous ! I just made an account and only trying to accept $20 my friend want to give to me as a gift ! Paypal want to tax me for $20 that my friend want to give to me on a first ever account ? I don't even file taxes because i've never had a job so what am i supposed to do ? This makes no sense like what ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CarbonDivergent 

What country are you in and what paypal account type have you opened?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.