How do I show a running balance...

24Peter
Contributor
Contributor

on my activity page of the  Paypal account? Any legitimate accounting statement/register shows a running balance. Paypal intentionally obscures this information - why I do not know.

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

ramseydc
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto.  Try contacting Paypal and ask how to get a running balance view.  Maybe if enough folks harass them enough, they will get the message. I will also harass them.

Login to Me Too

omtech
Contributor
Contributor

Tried this too, as of 3/5/2021, this does not work.  Still waiting for paypal to "prepare" my report for download.

Login to Me Too

GG928
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to us. Running balance. You're asking for you outstanding PayPal Balance? You should see that once you log in to your account. That's the first thing you see on the summary page. All the payments that were sent to you, like a refund, personal payment from friends and family, all those things will be place in your balance. Unless you have a pending transaction and you've used your balance to make a payment or something. If you need more assistance regarding this matter kindly inform us. Or you can contact customer service for further assistance: 1. Log on. 2. Click HELP at the top menu. 3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US. 4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options. Hope this helps. Stay safe
Login to Me Too

ramseydc
Contributor
Contributor

You are missing the point.  Of course you can see your final balance when you log in.  A running balance sheet shows each transaction and the balance next to it, so a list of transactions shows different balance values after each transaction is processed.  PayPal has had this in the past, although it has changed pages several times and made it difficult to see, which is why this Community message exists.   It now no longer works, AGAIN.  All reputable banking institutions show this in statements, either online or in paper format.    PayPal,  I guess, is no longer wants to be a reputable banking institution?  Please provide this as it makes balancing statements much, much easier.

Login to Me Too

t5montecarlo
Contributor
Contributor

@GG928Do you have any updates on this topic?

You suggested calling. I called PayPal about this topic, probably more than 1 year ago. The person I spoke to was not necessarily in agreement with me, but took down my request. Such a request has not yet been entertained. Calling again seems futile. No explanation has been provided for why PayPal removed the detailed view or why PayPal is resisting to have it reinstated.

To get the detailed view, I need to generate a report for a given period, which should not be necessary and is also inadequate. The screen view should appear exactly as it used to in the links stated in this thread, or for reference what used to be called the Classic Detailed view.

The problem with the reports is you cannot open a given transaction to view the details and act on the details, as you can in the screen view.

PayPal not implementing such a view for the last few years is clearly resulting in a lack of trust by the PayPal community, due to a lack of transparency by PayPal.

Please restore the detailed view so the PayPal community can regain 100% trust in PayPal.

Login to Me Too

lweetz
Contributor
Contributor

I absolutely agree with you.... The reports are useless and confusing.... They should have a running balance just like any other bank websight.

Login to Me Too

levans88
Contributor
Contributor

I often have this difficulty. I do wonder whether paypal screws people out of money but beacuse of the way theyve formed their system its hard to keep track. Ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

levans88
Contributor
Contributor

Im stuck. I have clicked on the links provided on this thread and not had any luck! I literally can get no clear running balance and when open the excel statement none of the transactions are clear.

I agree that this confusing mess clearly is intentional or they would have fixed it for all those who have complained with the difficulty.. 

Login to Me Too

wantrunning
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know this too. If I select completed transactions and CSV on the reports page,

my current balance is listed as $9541.80... so, It looks like they owe me money.

I mean, this is their data, who am I to argue if they say that I should have +$9541.80 in my account?

I wonder why this doesn't show under my account summary.

They are pretty obviously engaging in some sort of fraud, otherwise they would not make it such a pain

to get our running balance.

Anyone know of paypal alternatives?

All the holds and hold releases on the "balance effecting transactions" option makes it REALLY hard to track everything.

maybe they really do owe me over $9500... hmmmmm

Login to Me Too

WhiteWhale
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Paypal, you do a lot of things good,

but I'm just about to DUMP you.

I shouldn't have to work this hard to get a

*FREEEEEKING* running balance.

In addition, I can't seem to generate a report

that shows ANY fee I'm being charged.

I just found out I was charged a $28.00 late fee.

Who knew ?

(your chat bot is WORTHLESS & the phone help

doesn't have any magic tricks)

WTF ?

(and I shouldn't have to keep **bleep** with

the **bleep** captcha...)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.