How do I show a running balance...

24Peter
Contributor
Contributor

on my activity page of the  Paypal account? Any legitimate accounting statement/register shows a running balance. Paypal intentionally obscures this information - why I do not know.

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

ramseydc
Contributor
Contributor

I tried and it worked in both Mozilla (Seamonkey) browser and in Internet explorer (I did have to do a reload of the page to get it to show, though).

Login to Me Too

Shellyinatx
Contributor
Contributor
Yes and NOTE to PayPal thats the MOST annoying and frustrating part- how can it be a running balance when you never see when it got to zero?? Ugh. Disgusted. When i log on to my BANK account it shows a true leger.
Login to Me Too

omtech
Contributor
Contributor

As of 3/5/2021, this link does not show running balance.   Very frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

ramseydc
Contributor
Contributor

Really poor service from Paypal.  Just tried their help assistant, again,  and it points to a process that doesn't work now either.  Nothing seems to work anymore.  Sent them another complaint.  Maybe if they get enough complaints that might fix this!  I guess with eBay planning to not use Paypal in the future, we may be able to ditch this service for one that is responsive to the users. 

Login to Me Too

omtech
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a specific link where I can file a complaint?   Anyone know if there are laws governing banks on what information they have to provide to customers?   Then there's the non-refund of fees if you give a refund.   I lost $44 on a sale because of this.   Ugh

Login to Me Too

ramseydc
Contributor
Contributor

No, I could not find one for a direct email.  They make it as hard as possible to communicate.  You can connect through help above with a "message", but you will need to log into your paypal account first. Or you can call through the "Call" option.

Login to Me Too

t5montecarlo
Contributor
Contributor

When I called, there was no empathy and my complaint/suggestion was not entertained.

The single PayPal employee who chimed into this thread did not understand the discussion and never returned.

It is time to complain to the BBB.

Login to Me Too

wantrunning
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, they understand just fine. They play dumb because that's all they can do.

Paypal is probably laundering money and this is how they conceal it.

Login to Me Too

L8rGator

nope, 4/21/2021

Login to Me Too

Funkton

No longer working, why do they make things so hard! another reason to move away from PayPal, the is also no balance showing on my summary any more sooo infuriating. these are basic things for a banking system

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.