Hi! I need help proving to the IRS that I have a real business with Paypal.

Kafoeno
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am supposed to be getting back taxes but the IRS wants proof that I actually have a business with Paypal and that the annual income is actually mine.

I called and for some reason the good people of Paypal claim that they cannot give me any documents with my name on it. Hearing this was outrageous to me because I've done business with them for like 7 years. Can someone help me please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kafoeno wrote:

I agree bro.

I just need something to give them with my business name on it or my government name on it.

can I do this in reports?

Yeah, you can download not just statements, but actual data as CSV and you can open it in a spreadsheet and sort and edit out data you don't need (like exclude non-business payments/purchases) then format it anyway you want, put your business contact info on it and pdf it and print it out.

There's also tax statements to download also. Just explore the reports page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kafoeno 

Why does PayPal have to give you documents when you have access to the PayPal account itself? And besides, it not secure and there's privacy issues for PayPal to do this.

You can download income statements from the Reports page.

You can customize/download a report/data to edit/reformat and make into a pdf to print out or download the standard report/statement.

Login to Me Too

Kafoeno
Contributor
Contributor

I agree bro.

I just need something to give them with my business name on it or my government name on it.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kafoeno wrote:

I agree bro.

Yeah, you can download not just statements, but actual data as CSV and you can open it in a spreadsheet and sort and edit out data you don't need (like exclude non-business payments/purchases) then format it anyway you want, put your business contact info on it and pdf it and print it out.

There's also tax statements to download also. Just explore the reports page.

Login to Me Too

Kafoeno
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much your info helped me to find the

solution I needed and they finally accepted the documents.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.