Formal complaint simply answered with an automated message

dianaberry
New Community Member

I want to make a formal complaint against PayPal but. after filling in the form 3 times, all I get is an automated reply each time. They haven't read my reasons. How can I get a proper response?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @dianaberry,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

Generally, after you file a formal complaint we send you an automated email to inform you that we have received your message and that we will work it as soon as possible. Complaints, usually, are worked in four weeks. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Tootie585
Contributor
Contributor

There are several things you can do to make sure that your complaint is given due consideration.  First of all, make sure that you have documented -- and kept copies of! -- every communication with the vendor about whom you have a complaint, including any attempts you have made to resolve it directly with the vendor AND the vendor's responses.  You might also do some "detective" work both online and from packaging to find out the identity of the shipper and possible suppliers of any unacceptable products you were sent.  It is important to search around the internet review sites to see if others have similar complaints about the offending vendor.  ALL of this information should be noted in your original complaint, including a basic summary of events and a statement of exactly what additional hard evidence you have, and are prepared to supply, pertaining to the case.  I have even gone to Google earth and other sources of data to locate an offending supplier and to get contacts.  The more hard evidence, the stronger your case.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.