Download Transactions Data Fails or Never returns or is errored

lundens
Contributor
Contributor

I have been downloading transaction data from paypal in csv format for 10+ years.  I import this into another system.  My download files are small with only 5 - 20 records.  They took away the old interface which was fairly reliable.   The new reporting/download system sometimes returns data in seconds and sometimes it never returns and won't for a day.   On my most recent download it returned really fast for all transactions "since last download" option, but it didn't include all the transactions.  It left one out from a few hours ago.   

I have never gotten a response from paypal from my complaints.   I am hoping this gets in front of someone who cares at paypal or a recommendation of who I should switch to for ecommerce/subscription payments.

paypal.png

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Drew

Hi lundens,

I can understand the frustration of your downloads not working all of the time. If you're having an issue with our website, there are two things you can do depending on the urgency. We have a feedback option at the bottom of our PayPal webpage where our developers review the feedback to see if there is something they can fix. This way would be less urgent. The other thing you could do is reach out to us at www.PayPal-Support.com and open a ticket. This will go to our Merchant Technical Support (MTS) team that can help with website related issues. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

aaron7
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, and I'm surprised I'm not hearing other people posting about it. I click "Create Report" and it comes back as "Failed" every time!

Login to Me Too

lundens
Contributor
Contributor

frustrating that paypal never responded to any of the reports submitted.

Today the reports return really quickly, but without all the data that should be in them. 

What a disaster.

Login to Me Too

lundens
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently there is a service disruption, that started happening yesterday, but there is no warning on the actual download history page.   

So if I want to make sure my reports have integrity, I have to go to check the state of the systems and then run the reports?  

https://www.paypal-status.com/product/production

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.