How can I change the business name that appears on the notification customers receive from PayPal?

TaavoAkk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a different legal business name than the name I present to customers.

However, when a visitors checks out with paypal on my website, my business legal name is shown in the top left corner of the PayPal checkout page.

In addition, after a customer purchased a product from my website via paypal, he/she receives an email notification from PayPal, where my legal business name is displayed again.

How can I change this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Nacho

Apologies for the delay in the response.

The name displayed on PayPal's site directly reflects the Business Name configured in your PayPal account, which can be changed as follows:

1. Login to your PayPal account and click on Profile.

2. Click on "Update" next to Business Information.

Direct link to this section -> https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/settings/info/edit

3. Click on "Edit" at the top right, within the first quadrant.

4. Modify your Business Name and save your changes.

Unfortunately, there are no ways to link a transaction to different company names other than your account's Business Name.

If you use Express Checkout, you can use the "BRANDNAME" variable to display a different one during the payment page:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/merchant/SetExpressCheckout_API_Operation_NVP/

However, this will only have effect within the payment page, and the transaction will still be linked to the account's formal Business Name.

Login to Me Too

supernatural
New Community Member

Thanks for this! But I have one problem...

I'm not a coder at all. Can you show my step-by-step how to modify the BRANDNAME?

I know it should be easy but I can't seem to find an option to edit it.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.