refunded money disappeared!

bexbeau
New Community Member
hi can anyone please advise what to do, I used paypal to pay for an item i had an email to say the item is out of stock and my payment has been refunded however when i look at my paypal account it says my payment has been refunded yet my balance is 0.00 so because i paid with my card through paypal will the money be refunded to that instead of my paypal account? the company im brought off aren't much help all they have said is no idea and im not quite sure what do now or where my money has gone! many thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nickthelord
New Community Member

Had the same thing happen to me, i was really frustrated and thought something went wrong. How long are we talking for credit card to recieve the refunded money? And is there any way to speed things up? Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.