refund scam

hussbull
New Community Member

REFUND SCAM

There is at least one buyer working a refund scam through PayPal.

The scam works like this:

1. First the buyer buys and pays for several items from a seller.

2. He chooses items that are low enough priced so that they not likely be tracked.

3. Then he waits until they are delivered to see if they are tracked.

4. If not, after waiting a while he puts a claim into PayPal saying the items were not delivered.

5. The buyer will not respond to any attempts to communicate with him.

6. In the absence of proof of delivery, PayPal awards him a full refund from your account.

7. By the time you see what is happening and blocked him, the buyer has had quite a few items from you.

8. The buyer may also use more than one eBay ID.

One buyer has scammed me out of over £60.00 for several printer consumable items.

There seems to be no way to get PayPal to look into this!

I would love to post two of this buyer’s eBay IDs here, but suspect that would get my post removed.

Like many, I do not track items below a certain value as the cost adds up and I find adding the cost to the postage puts off bidders.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

nazimjamil
Contributor
Contributor
I appreciate the time you’re taking to communicate your opinion but unless you’re able to cite PayPal references you’re not adding anything to this thread.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nazimjamil

I have been on this forum for 10 years and if you click on my username then you will see i have 7000+ kudos / solutions.

That is because I only post what I know to be true, and if i don't know it then i don't post it.

The moderators that post on here occasionally have also given similar answers.

But if you don't want advice from on here then why bother to post? No one is going to cite paypal references for you, if you want that then why not go and phone up customer services??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.