refund failed

martiken36
Contributor
Contributor

i recived a email from paypal email below

Dear Martyne Kennedy,

The refund sent did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact regarding this refund.
why did it fail?
i have only paid out off account is this why?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your seller refunded using bank funding and it bounced.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your seller refunded using bank funding and it bounced.

Login to Me Too

redbutane
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me. The item never arrived so the seller offered me a full refund via original payment method (Paypal) seller then kept saying she was issuing the refund but I never received it but Ebay then closed my dispute because I sent her a method saying I accept her offer (but she had still not refunded my money) and said they couldn't help me any further, what can I do? I don't feel Ebay or Paypal are fighting for my rights at all!

Login to Me Too

mustard
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing has just happened to me....seller agreed full refund....acknowledged receipt of returned item..but kept making excuses for delayed refund. I opened a case(got a partial refund) and escalated the case to get the rest. The next day E-bay closed the case because 'the seller had issued a full refund'....except that a few days later Paypal said no funds in bank..contact seller. I now seem to have no form of redress...find it impossible to contact E-bay because this problem does not fit into any of their pre-listed problems, can't re-open the case, can't even leave warning feedback for others. Yet the seller is still trading openly on E-bay....I don't understand why Paypal can't block the seller from receiving any money until outstanding payments are made.

I suspect this problem(loop-hole) will grow and grow until E-bay/Paypal have to do something about it....but I wish they'd wake up now!  They will lose my custom soon unless they show some sympathy.....

Login to Me Too

kryptic
New Community Member

I just made a post regarding this very same thing.  Originally offered a refund then they replied saying they had posted and were going to chase up with post office.  I replied saying I'd give them another week to find out about my parcel but then I'd have to request a refund.  When I did this ebay closed the case stating that it had been resolved but it wasn't. I tried to open through paypal but couldn't as they are both tied to each other.  Very anoyed as I can hardly afford to just brush this off.  This will surely become a more serious/common issue.  I'm never using the e-bay system again...will always do it through paypal.

Login to Me Too

martiken36
Contributor
Contributor

I did not even want a refund. As I bought concert tickets. I just received an email from paypal saying refund failed. Now I am trying to chase the person up via eBay n emails with no such luck .

Login to Me Too

redbutane
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah the seller won't reply to any of my messages and her phone number she has linked to her account doesn't work. I really think we should all get together and go to Watchdog and complain or take legal action against Ebay and Paypal for falsely advertising that they fight for the rights of their buyers. I read something in the Sunday Times 24/10/10 about "If sufficient people came forward with a common issue this would raise the possibility of a group action for damages." My issue has been going on since over 1 month of aggregation  speaking to Ebay and Paypal without any luck and them just sending me back around in circles. P.S. NEVER buy from ebay seller: smaggz as I don't even think she had the item to send to me in the first place and her rating is 98.3% positive which is wrong as she should be struck off!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi everyone,

The best thing for anyone to do if your seller has initiated a refund and it has failed would be to open a dispute on PayPal or eBay. If you already had an eBay or PayPal dispute, then you can only contact eBay or PayPal (Whichever website you had the dispute open on). If 45 days has passed since you have paid for the item, you will be unable to open a dispute on the transaction. In this instance, you should try and contact your bank in order to see if they provide protection on your purchase if a debit card or bank account was used.

I understand that eBay may have told some of you that they can not reopen the case but from a PayPal side of view, if there was a dispute on going and the refund was to fail from your sellers bank account, we would continue with the investigation as we can see that you have not received a refund.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

mustard
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, David, for making some points clearer and at least trying to help,but, for me at least, the issues raised by this problem,if left un-checked, seem far-reaching and call into question the plausibility and future viability of PayPal (especially when the 'fraudsters' realise the loophole). The question is not simply one of recompense. I am angry at losing money but  I am even more angry that the perpetrator is allowed both to continue trading on E-bay and to continue using Paypal. How can I (or anybody) trust PayPal again if we know that payments are allowed to 'bounce'. Surely anyone who fails on a payment through Paypal should have their account suspended or frozen until such time as they make that payment good.

For Redbutane(and others)....At the moment I am giving E-bay the opportunity to redress the situation but if that fails then the options suggested by Redbutane are worth considering. I would probably like to start with Jessica of the Daily Telegraph (who has raised problems with E-bay and PayPal before) and Which magazine(ditto).

I have just re-read David's post ....if you meant that PayPal would pick up and continue the prematurely closed E-bay case(which sounds logical since the essence of the problem is the failed PayPal payment)) then that sounds promising........ but timescales should not be used as an excuse not to continue when I (and probably the others) have followed the rules!

Login to Me Too

martiken36
Contributor
Contributor

the seller emailed me back saying there was a problem with his account n to take it up with pay pal which i have so i have every thing crossed it gets sorted.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.