refund by e cheque

Nearlydun
Contributor
Contributor

I purcahsed an item through e bay using my debit card to fund the transaction for £285.00.  The item arrived not as described and also damaged so I arranged a return to the seller, upon the seller receiving the item back e bay sent me a message saying the seller has refunded via an e cheque and the funds will be cleared in my account on 25th April.

I have logged into Paypal and dont see any pending payment.

Should Paypal show a refund as pending or not?

Why when I have paid instantly for goods and then had to pay postage to return them to the seller am I having to wait for my refund?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nearlydun

Did you pay as a guest buyer to the sellers paypal account but NOT log into your paypal account and just used a card?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nearlydun
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i paid via debit card and have since found out that my ebay account is linked to an old now defunct e mail address for purchases!

I am amazed by this because my e bay account shows my current e mail address on my account settings page, however for purcahses the account is still linked to an old e mail account.

Afer 2 hours of going round in circles I finally got through to Paypal on the phone and they have advised me that the seller I purchased from would have had no money in his account and that is why an e cheque has been sent and that this will not show up in my current paypal account because of the old email link, but that I should get the funds eventually repatriated back to the debit card that I paid with.

What a nightmare! £285 spent and out of my account within seconds of hitting buy it now and probably a month before I get my money back.  Bearing in mind the item was not as described and also damaged I had to pay the postage of £10.00 to return the item which is not being refunded

Negative feedback is coming the sellers way me thinks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.