online gaming

tinks007
New Community Member

Hi can anyone help,

Is there a rule regarding recalling payments and online gaming? if so over what time period?  I play an online game and have spent alot of money on there but the game had become unplayble, un able to log in, the game just freezes etc, stayed there thinking they would solve the problems but they do not, the organisation is not fixing the problem and has been several months.  As they are not providing the service can I recall the money spent?

Many thanks for any advice

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi tinks007,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

It does sound like there may have been an issue with the payments for the game. I would definitely advise contacting the games company directly to find out the source of the issue with your account, and then checking your PayPal account to see the status of your payments to the company.

If you had a billling agreement or recurring transaction set up with the company, you may need to renew or reinstate this. To search for billing agreement transactions in your History Log:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click History near the top of the page.
  3. From the drop down menu, choose Authorised/Recurring Payments.
  4. Choose the dates you wish to view.
  5. Click Search.

In order for us to best assist with this issue, we would advise contacting Customer Support directly, so we can take a closer look at what's happening.

Thanks in advance

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.