need to return goods?

Amalgam2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi....I have had a Paypal refund on goods that were fake. The site sold me "North face" jacket which is plainly fake. I contacted seller ( China!)...they were not keen to tell me return policy...offered $30 refund ( on a $208 jacket)....they failed to respond to Paypals enquiry....and I was refunded the money. Now the seller has emailed me requesting me to mail the jacket back at my expence......I understand it's illegal to post fake goods?...what do I do?  thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Oh sorry i read it that you had only got a part-refund, if you got a full refund thats GR8.

No way would i return fake items, as you say it is illegal to sell them in the first place.

If you have got a full refund and PAYPAL has not asked you to return the item then don't. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

File for item received but not as described via the resolution tab in your paypal account > put in what has happened and escalate to a claim.

BUT before you do so you need to get proof either from a shop that sells the real stuff or trading standards that the item is fake and then paypal won't expect you to send them back again.

But as a general rule cheap, bargain designer stuff from China = fake.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Amalgam2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks  Kernowlass....the point is...I've already got my money back!  .....I've also still got the fake jacket....the return address is some convenience store in China!!!....Am I obliged to return it at my expence?...I believe mailing fake goods is illegal...??

Or do I just forget it....and avoid Chinese websites?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Oh sorry i read it that you had only got a part-refund, if you got a full refund thats GR8.

No way would i return fake items, as you say it is illegal to sell them in the first place.

If you have got a full refund and PAYPAL has not asked you to return the item then don't. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Amalgam2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks...just for my future information....why do Paypal accept my story without any proof...I could be telling them lies...I could have a good jacket And...the money!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I reckon they may well have had quite a few disputes from that site / seller and know they are dealing with fake goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Blurta
New Community Member

Can you help as I am not sure of the process on how to return unwanted goods?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Blurta,

Welcome to the Community Forum! If you'd like to return an unwanted item, I'd recommend contacting the seller directly to find out what their policy is. If the item you received is different to the item advertised by the seller in any way, you can file a dispute with PayPal.

To open a dispute on a transaction, please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Resolution Centre' near the top of the page.
3. In the 'Report a problem' section click the ‘Dispute a Transaction' button.
4. Select ‘Item dispute’ and click ‘Continue’.
5. Click the 'Find transaction ID'. A new window displays your transaction history.
6. Click the ‘Transaction ID' you want to dispute.
7. Click ‘Continue’ and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

ellie8cameron6
New Community Member

i dont know what information to send seller with goods to obtain my refund

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.