money transfer

mcb24494

I recieved a refund through paypal, I got an email saying the payment was refunded but no money showing up in my account. This was just over a month ago now, does the money disappear if you've not used the account?? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

robsteer
Contributor
Contributor

If you paid with a credit or debit card the refund goes straight back to the card issuer rather than to your PayPal balance.

Best bet is to check your history and select 'all activity with balance'. If a refund shows as completed you'll either see your PayPal balance go up by the amount or it will show 'credit to credit card' which is PayPal sending it to the card issuer.

If you don't see the refund initiated in your history that means they haven't sent it but the email suggests you did. Look for the date you received the email in the history and you should see what has happened.

Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

mcb24494

My history only goes as far back as the 7th dec, and the email was on 3rd dec. I've looked through all of my bank statements and the money never came through. 

Login to Me Too

robsteer
Contributor
Contributor

If you try downloading the history as a PDF (or whatever format you prefer) you will be able to go back further.

🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you pay via a debit card or instant bank transfer??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

robsteer
Contributor
Contributor

Also, If a refund comes back to your paypal balance and you don't withdraw it. Any payment you make will come from that PayPal balance so you might miss it coming in and going straight out. Again, the history will show where payments come from.

Payments can split in paypal too. So if you have a 10.00GBP refund on the balance, and then buy something for 20.00. We will take 10 from your balance and the remaning 10 from your bank account, this can also make refunds seem 'lost' when really they are just used to fund other payments.

🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.