money refunded to buyer

coogie
Contributor
Contributor

i sold an item on ebay the buyers payment was pending for a good two weeks and as soon as the payment cleared i posted the item then i started getting emails from the nuyer saying she had been waiting for weeks which was not true asking why she hadnt recieved the item i sent her postage proof then she started demanding a refund i also sent proof to ebay tracked the parcel only to be told it had been deliverd. she has been refunded which has put me in negative balance with my pay pal account she had recived the parcel and opend it and took out packeging then returned it to me still saying she didnt recive it i dont think it was right to give her a refund and make it sound like i didnt send the item paypal has put closed on the dispute

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@coogie

The buyers payment was pending as probably you were a new seller and subject to the new seller hold.

You had no right to make the buyer wait for 2 weeks if this was the case and the sooner you sent the item the sooner you would have been paid.

As it was the buyer quite rightly filed a dispute > she must have been refunded BEFORE the items tracking number showed it as delivered which shows the importance of sending an item more promptly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@coogie

The buyers payment was pending as probably you were a new seller and subject to the new seller hold.

You had no right to make the buyer wait for 2 weeks if this was the case and the sooner you sent the item the sooner you would have been paid.

As it was the buyer quite rightly filed a dispute > she must have been refunded BEFORE the items tracking number showed it as delivered which shows the importance of sending an item more promptly.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

coogie
Contributor
Contributor

no the refund was made over two weeks after i recived the goods back and if she didnt want it why open it take it out the box leave all the pacaging out then send it back and say she didnt recive it

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@coogie

In that case she must have changed the dispute to one of 'received but not as described' and as long as she returns it trackable then she will get a refund.

Sorry but you caused the problem by posting it out so late.   Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

coogie
Contributor
Contributor

no she said she didnt recive it but when you track it it clearly says the item had been deliverd and signed for it was a big item and i gave her loads of photos so see could see the condition which by the way very good dont think i will bother selling on ebay again

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@coogie

i KNOW it says delivered BUT she is allowed to change the claim to one of received but not as described.

So then she would be refunded on return of the item to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.